cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macintosh Computers

davidhil
Dabbler

Macintosh Computers

With the growing popularty of Macintosh computers would it be possible to have a defined section covering Mac OS X operating system and Mac Computers in general?  This would be save quite a bit of time when searching for information especially when it is of a technical nature and be an innovation which would be appreciated by Apple owners.
8 REPLIES 8
Assos
Grafter

Re: Macintosh Computers

hmm, I'm not sure how much it would get used but I like the idea.
My personal opinion is that it might be worth trialling as a Sub Forum of computers and hardware along with  windows and linux sub forums, if they are used then they can stay if not then they can just be merged back into computers and hardware...
chillypenguin
Grafter

Only if there is a Linux form as well  Grin
I like the idea, may be even a Mac / Linux forum combined.
See the current poll http://community.plus.net/pollsarchive/
Chilly
filbower

I'm with Davidhil, MAC's are becoming more popular and it will be good to encourage MAC users onto the forum by adding the option.
Smiley
Liam
Grafter

Perhaps we could implement this as part of our upcoming launch of Apple Mac support in the CSC?
Be3G
Grafter

Being someone who's very interested in Apple Macs, I'd certainly say a dedicated (or semi-dedicated) forum would be a nice idea.
jtn
Grafter

As Chilly said, a *nix based forum would be good.
Cheers
Jon
davidhil
Dabbler

It’s good to know that Plus Net have  taken note of the interest in Macs as on reading their e-mail received today I see that they are going to create a section in their support pages that sets out a series of Mac tutorials.  Also the fact that their Customer Support Team are being trained to be able to answer Mac-related questions will be helpful to a number of people who may be experiencing problems.
Judging by  the positive feedback and number of people who have viewed this thread this development will be welcomed.
Regards  davidhil.
The_10th
Grafter

Given the popularity of Linux will there be any support for that too - I know there are a lot of flavours but a section would be nice  Grin