Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login problems

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Login problems

I can't login despite knowing my password is correct I have to reset it every time I want to login I've a separate forum account to my PN account is this a problem
9 REPLIES 9
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Login problems

Hi @Daydotz, welcome to the forums.

Is it the plusnet member center / mobile account that you are having trouble logging in with? Please note that your forum account is completely seperate from the plusnet account systems so your password here will not work with those logins.

If you're having issues logging in to the member centre and resetting the password is not working (might need to check your email junk folder just in case) then a member of support staff that frequent the forums might be able to help you out with that.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My PN account is fine it's here I'm having trouble with I can login & post but I can't sign back in despite knowing my password I keep having to reset it to get back in

"That login name and password combination do not match any valid user on this community"
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
It looks like you have got two users with the same name in the system and it’s got itself into a tangle when looking up the username. There was an issue with the user migration when we moved over to this new platform (about 100 users were affected). The way to resolve this would be to rename this account with an extra digit at the end or delete this user. Out of those two options, would you prefer to keep your old account or this one? I can sort this out for you by doing one of the two things I mentioned above.

Let me know and I will sort it out for you.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense can you delete the duplicate account please id rather retain my name is this also why it thinks both email accounts i have are already used here

Thanks
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Daydotz, okay I shall delete the duplicate account. Would you rather keep this one that you are posting on now or keep the older one that was registered in 2014?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep the older 2014 account please 😎
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem. I will now delete this account. Give me 5 minutes and you should gain access to your old account again as then there will only be one user of the same name from that point on.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. Please let me know (from your other account) that you were able to login!

Daydotz
Dabbler

All working as normal 😎
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Great to hear! Thanks for letting me know that you were able to get back into your old forum account.