Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Log in Problems

It's a possibility but since this thread started he has logged in to their other account without any issues.

With me changing the password on their behalf, it shouldn't still be asking for a password reset.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hopefully  he'll come back here and comment.

John_Leeming
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix

Sorry lads I should have closed this thread. The problem was caused by an old log in that I set up using ,at the time, the email address  *@ googlemail.com. This seemed to lock in the old log in which I'm now using with no problems, well almost ,I'm now getting duplicate e mails from OLDJACK1 and my current username oldjack but I can live with that. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Anotherone
Champion

If you log-in to your OLDJACK1 account and got to https://community.plus.net/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings you can set all the Email Notifications to Never to stop that. If this is only happening in threads where you have posted with both usernames, you could just "Unsubscribe" the thread from the particular username that you didn't want to use.

Anotherone
Champion

@John_Leeming

There's also another trick you can do with googlemail/gmail accounts as well which can help solve the password linked mail account link.

googlemail and gmail end up in the same account, so if you are fredblogs@googlemail.com you can change the other forum login email to fredblogs@gmail.com and the posts will go to the same mailbox but the forum sees two different email addresses, and so you get rid of the forum linked email accounts confusion.

Also there are additional tricks - you can use fred.blogs@gmail.com (notice the dot added) and it will go to the same email account but the forum will see it as a different address from fredblogs@gmail.com or even fredblog.s@gmail.com etc. so you will have several variations there.

John_Leeming
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks everyone I've unsubscribed from the thread sending me e mails.