cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lithium ... Kronhous or wherever they are called this week ... broke the forum AGAIN!

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Lithium ... Kronhous or wherever they are called this week ... broke the forum AGAIN!

Who is responsible for managing these cowboys?  The so called "best in the industry" have broken the forum again and no one in Plusnet seems to be in control of their antics - something in the professional world of software engineering is call "Change control".

If the topic page load under MS Edge (using the much vaulted Chrome Engine) is not already agonisingly long (something complained about on many occasions) it is now quite broken...

Capture Cookie Code.JPG

Who in Plusnet is responsible for ensuring that the supplier does not visit upon the business a pile of crud?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Typo edited by request of the poster.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

26 REPLIES 26
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Lithium ... Kronhous or wherever they are called this week ... broke the forum AGAIN!

A more descriptive subject line would have been helpful. I'm not sure how you have already determined who is responsible. Also, is "Cheng control" a typo or some sort of racial slur?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Re: Lithium ... Kronhous or wherever they are called this week ... broke the forum AGAIN!

Of course it’s a typo - the suggestion it’s a slur is in it self a slur. The comment adds nothing to the discussion. The title says it all - whatever they call themselves, they’ve broken it again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Townman I see what you mean. Some ill-trained individual has really screwed up here, wonder how long it will take them to unscrew?

Never usually go right to the bottom of the page, but caught the 'End' button.

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Townman 

Noticed this for the first time this morning.

Hopefully you can bring some influence to bear on it.  🤞

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Someone needs to do an Asda on the site and rollback the broken update.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've raised this to the relevant team for investigation. Thanks for flagging.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

yeah i noticed this a few days back too and wondered what was going on. Believe it or not some display issues can be caused by the browser cache but seeing as we're all experiencing this at the same time i'd be very surprised if it was a bad cache.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Mook
Seasoned Champion

Two days later ...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @Mook 

The purveyors of this tool set do not do anything quickly ... though looking at the rendering sequence (you can see the paint drying) the "additional" bits are delivered right at the end of the page load, so I suspect someone broke @jaread83 's skin grafts!

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep and don't get me started on the unread posts bug - maybe that will be fixed within my life expectancy. I don't think it is my device, it is at the server level.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

As a heads up this is logged under (internal) ref IMT-6165. Once there’s updates we can share I’ll be happy to post back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mook
Seasoned Champion

Can I ask what is taking so long with this rollback*?

I assume that Khoros are using a CI system to manage their build, versioning and release so surely it can't be that difficult to revert to the previous version!

* Yes, you can ask but I doubt there will be an answer.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Getting roll back requires Khoros to respond, accept that there is a problem ... and then act.

Getting responses alone has been a challenge before.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

This isn't a Khoros problem, it is a problem with our systems. You see, the cookie banner is served from one location so it can serve all of our websites. There has been a bit of a change with the header files and pulling in the navigation and cookie banner from a central location and something has gone a bit wrong for sites that are using a subdomain (in this case, community).
This is being looked into this week to fix and it involves changing things with the centralised header files. Apologies that this is causing a nuisance, it is being looked into.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.