Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch of Community Feedback Survey

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Launch of Community Feedback Survey

This week we’ll start to survey users on our community, so we can get a better understanding of why you’re are coming to the community, as well as understanding where our areas of improvement are. The survey will also enable us to benchmark ourselves against our competitors and other communities.

The survey isn’t extensive and includes 5 questions, one of which is a free text field at the end, allowing you to add some tangible and helpful comments. You won’t see the survey as soon as you log on, as it’ll only pop up once you’ve been on the community for 4mins. Also, to make sure this isn’t annoying to you, it uses cookies to present the survey on a 90 day rotation. This is similar to the survey you’ll see on our website.

Thanks

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
46 REPLIES 46
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Launch of Community Feedback Survey

I just had a "survey" pop up and dismissed it as I assumed it was like the other survey that was spam.
You should really have told us it was coming before it was released.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've just completed it.  What a waste of effort.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, "This week we'll ..." should really be "Starting this instance ...". I was looking at my unread posts when it popped up!

I did complete it though.

JonoH
Hero

Sorry @HairyMcbiker, If you'd like to fill it in simply deleting your cookies or accessing the forum from a different device will result in you being presented with the survey again.

Jono H
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Done mine to the best of my ability.

Interesting question paraphrased "why did you come here"

There was no "I work here" option (albeit voluntary work).

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
JonoH
Hero

So for those of you yet to fill it in, we've taken it down for a little while to make some design changes.

It should be back up shortly.

Jono H
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Nor "I visit regularly to keep up to date with ......."

Just cannot see what can be extracted from such a restricted set of questions?   Except yet another survey to catch up on what was missed in this one.

Anyway, history suggests that little will be done with data.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I just did that survey, flipping cheek if you ask me, it doesn't even work properly! Ticked_off

I filled out all the questions and in the last part I gave what I considered to be some useful and constructive feedback, what happened next? A blank page opened with NO message saying "Thank you for your feedback" , I didn't get diddly squat. Did my survey response get through? God knows!

What a waste of my time. Angry

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@JonoH

Would surveys or important information of this kind not better serve you customers if it was displayed in bold on the main 'Plusnet Community' page? I see these posts are buried 3 levels further down from that page.

If it were in bold highlights just below where it says 'Welcome Back Username' I'm sure it would receive much more attention and alert the user at login that a survey or important piece of information is pending.

These forums are a great source of information but all too often I see important stuff being hidden from plain sight.

JonoH
Hero

Sorry for that @MKSlinky, I'll raise it with the relevant people and see if we can get something a success screen added so that you know your feedback has been delivered.

Edit*

We thought that the  community site feedback boards would be the perfect place for a post about the launch of a community feedback survey. Also even if you never saw this post the survey would still be presented to you.

Jono H
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

You mean there wasn't a success screen in the first place? No message of thanks either? 

I think that's just down to common courtesy?

JonoH
Hero

MKSlinky wrote:

You mean there wasn't a success screen in the first place? No message of thanks either?

Just confirmed that had it worked correctly a thank you page should be displayed.

Jono H
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@JonoH wrote:

Edit*

We thought that the  community site feedback boards would be the perfect place for a post about the launch of a community feedback survey. Also even if you never saw this post the survey would still be presented to you.

Yes that's as maybe but when a customer visits these forums they don't necessarily know that any important news or information is available so why would they even look for it. Better to expose them to that kind of information right after login and before they go wandering off into another thread somewhere.

Just a thought anyway, just trying to make things work more effectively for everyone. Wink

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Mine errored on submit. Waste of time completing it. Sad

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT