cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this forum no longer handling support questions ?

hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Is this forum no longer handling support questions ?

For many years posting on this forum would get a reply from Plusnet to support problems.

I posted last Friday and so far have had no reply.

Would I be better to ignore this forum and try phoning Plusnet ?

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
48 REPLIES 48
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Is this forum no longer handling support questions ?

@hitchhiker43 You won't get Help team support on here, that's for sure - but I've no idea why, and if you successfully contact them by phone, you may get a useful reply.

John
tcj1971
Rising Star

The support in the past on these forums used to be very good, but it seems to have all stopped for some reason

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

There are staff on line at the moment - see here: https://community.plus.net/

There have been interventions by Plusnet staff on these forums recently but maybe not as often as in the past.

Plusnet are definitely not the ISP they were regarding customer support. They do need to reconsider this aspect as, judging by posts, some by long standing customers, it is affecting customer retention. Plusnet are increasingly reliant on attracting new customers with attractive offers which possibly do not generate that much revenue.

jab1
Legend

Yep, online, @jgb - but not responding - probably too busy on Twitface.

John
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

@jgb wrote:

There are staff on line at the moment - see here: https://community.plus.net/

Not necessarily. Some forum software is able to "spoof" active users to make it look busier than it actually is. That may explain why staff look to be online but generally ignoring the posts.

hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro

Thank you everybody, at least it's good to know what's going on even if it's very very BAD.

Members may be interested in looking at Plusnet's TRUSTPILOT ratings, basically they are near rock bottom, I am surprised the regulator has not yet kicked ass, maybe something I should suggest.

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
jgb
Champion

@Marksfish 

If Plusnet are doing that then it says all about their attitude to customer service!

tcj1971
Rising Star

Reading all the latest poor reviews on Trustpilot and the responses from Plusnet, it seems the only way to contact them for support is via Facebook or Twitter

The latest review also mentions the lack of support on these forums

Are Plusnet in a bit of a mess or something because something is clearly not right

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Community Site Feedback.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jgb
Champion

Have Plusnet officially stated that support is no longer provided on these forums? Previously they have listed these forums alongside Facebook and Twitter as valid routes to seek help other than via the phone. Many customers will not use either social media app nor will they want to do so. If these forums are no longer a way to seek help from Plusnet, then it is another nail in the customer service coffin.

Mind you, as this thread is now in the feedback forum it is doubtful that Plusnet will read it. But, paying customers do need to know what the official line is so that they know exactly what they are getting for their money.

jab1
Legend

@jgb Plusnet, or rather the faceless BT management, do not officially announce anything, they just quietly chop lines of communication to bring a once excellent brand down to the abysmal level that they consider reasonable customer support - i.e. none, in line with the principles that they brought over from the old Post Office Telephone days.

For some reason, because they still have a near-monopoly of the communications network in this country, they still act like a monopoly, and toothless, spineless OFCOM will do nothing about the situation.

I must say I am glad I won't be here much longer, but I am also sad in a way, up until the start of the current 'situation' PN support was way above that of most ISPs, but it is now at a level with, or below that, of such as Sky or TT.

John
tcj1971
Rising Star

@jgb 

I very rarely use social media so will not be contacting them via that route. I guess phoning them would be pot luck on whether you will speak to someone who lnows what they are on about instead of them reading off a script, especially on the technical side of things

The staff on these forums used to interact with us very well with any account related issues including tickets that were open on your account

Unless there is a massive improvement, I seriously cannot wait until my contract ends next January. You cannot have Internet in a house with kids that has no online safety measures in place. In the current case with my account, Broadband Safeguard does not work, and it seems they have no intentions of sorting it out.

There is ZERO communication now from support. Even the Online Chat does not work any more. Although if it was something to do with Billing then there would be some form of communicaton then

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@jgb wrote: some by long standing customers, it is affecting customer retention. Plusnet are increasingly reliant on attracting new customers with attractive offers which possibly do not generate that much revenue.

Quite possible but only the bean counters know for sure. The numbers must still be doing the biz otherwise they'd be shutting up. You do get the occasionally flurry of support people, like @Gandalf, popping up but I suspect even they go off on a break at some point.

But PN aren't the only company affected. I spent the good part of half an hour hanging around on the phone 2 days ago, only to be told when I got through - that they had system problems and that I should email them and they'd get back to me within 14 days! Admittedly they did email me the next day.

But maybe it really is time to put away all this 'this is the future' home working malarkey and get staff back into work, proper. Flame away. ♨️ 😀 Covid, I think, is something we are going to have to live with for a very long time - unless they get a vaccine that kills it 100%.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
jgb
Champion

I have just seen a post from a member of the Plusnet Help Team on another thread and so Plusnet cannot have abandoned help via these forums entirely although the prevalence of staff does appear to be severely diminished.