Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Is there anyway to stop this happening - thread moved in the middle of replying

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Is there anyway to stop this happening - thread moved in the middle of replying

Jim,

I guess that’s it’s not possible to stop threads being moved whilst someone is in the middle of replying. Consider you might start a reply, hear the door bell ring and then spend an hour with the friend who has called to check that your well.

However, it ought to be possible for this best of breed forum technology stack to - having realised the topic has moved - save your post (so at least allow you to pick it up again) find the relocated topic and correctly add your post to the new location.

As I was first told when I started in IT “Unlike hardware, the beauty of software is that there’s no fault which cannot be fixed by a total rewrite” a thought which seems to fit well with lithium.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Is there anyway to stop this happening - thread moved in the middle of replying

nope, there’s not even a notice if you’re trying to move the same thread as someone else. You just end up moving the moved notification post.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'