cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 'Report to moderator' post option working?

FIXED
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Is the 'Report to moderator' post option working?

I pose the question after posting 3 'Report to moderator' issues over the past week or so and seeing no replies?

Normally the Mods are speedy and efficient in dealing with things, so I can only assume that the reports are not getting seen?

I can't see any audit trail of the reports, should there be one?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Is the 'Report to moderator' post option working?

it has worked where I used it but you don't get a reply normally - you just need to see what, if anything, happens

Anonymous
Not applicable

I reported two suspect spam posts to the mods as well, and I heard nothing, I assumed that was the norm. Is it?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

For quite a lot of 'Report to moderator'  there is limited need for a personal response - it can generate a lot of work - and I'm comfortable with that.  But there are some cases where a response would be helpful. 

My rationale for raising the query is the concern that the function may not be working, not as a reflection on the.Mods.

Maurice. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The mods don't reply to reports. If they agree, action is taken, if not, nothing happens.

The only acknowledgement we get is that displayed by the forum that the report has been submitted.

David
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Fix

Hi Maurice, it is working fine - I've used it several times Smiley