cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is lithium messing with the live service today?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is lithium messing with the live service today?

I've seen numerous odd issues in the last hour or so.

UxE issues - when trying to click on a user's name in a post

Seen the paste error (inability ot do so) reappear with the Edge browser

Then there was this...

Capture UxE.JPG

Please reassure me that lithium are not medalling with a production service during core hours? Knuppel

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

11 REPLIES 11
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Is lithium messing with the live service today?

I haven't seen that issue occur in the last 20 mins while navigating around.

Pasting content is working too so not sure why that would happen.

Changes to the live site will not occur during the day if Lithium are doing anything. From past changes I have personally requested, they are rolled out in the early hours (after midnight) so it doesn't affect the site at its busiest times.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83,

Does the screen grab interest you?  Amongst other things, it rather implies that the "Search the community" component is in the delivered HTML x3.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

To me it looks like the JS stopped loading when it hit an error in the system. There are multiple search inputs and you will see that if you inspect the code.

• normal search - lia-form-type-text lia-autocomplete-input search-input lia-search-input-message
  • knowledge base search - lia-form-type-text lia-autocomplete-input search-input lia-search-input-tkb-article lia-js-hidden
  • User search - lia-form-type-text UserSearchField lia-search-input-user search-input lia-js-hidden lia-autocomplete-input
  • Private note search - lia-form-type-text NoteSearchField lia-search-input-note search-input lia-js-hidden lia-autocomplete-input

The only one that is being used is the normal search - the others are hidden using JS.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have just seen this, and had an annoying need yesterday that I couldn't achieve -

• Private note search - lia-form-type-text NoteSearchField lia-search-input-note search-input lia-js-hidden lia-autocomplete-input

The only one that is being used is the normal search - the others are hidden using JS.

Is this the ability to Search PMs which I wanted yesterday? I hadn't spotted before that one couldn't search PMs and was quite annoyed to find I couldn't. If this is it, why is it hidden?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I don't know how the search works. It might be a setting in the admin area but I am not sure.

Anotherone
Champion

You want to try being a user and wonder how the Search works Tongue Clunky would be an understatement Crazy2

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83 wrote:

I don't know how the search works. It might be a setting in the admin area but I am not sure.

@jaread83,

You need to find a friend who will stand on this front line next to you - may be they'll catch some of these bullets for you.  Better still get them to stand in front and thus protect you from the flack.

You are the only one in constant communication with the users - you need someone to share that load with.  I will try to make sure I'm not shooting the messenger - sorry if it seems that way some of the time.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

haha, I certainly could do with a meat shield of some sort Wink

So about the search, I have found a couple of little things you might be interested in but you need to have a look on the staging site. I have found a way to include a select box and expanded the search page to include private messages.

If you think having a select drop down for searching community/users/private messages would be useful I can look at getting it into an update soon. Would need a bit of work to make it look right and I'd need someone to approve the look of it but I don't think it would be too difficult..

Anotherone
Champion

Jack, you truly are a wizard SmileyThumbs_UpCool

ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

I second the sentiment from @Townman .

It really is poor show that a web dev is having to pick up everything and maintain communication when people are employed solely for social media and community.

On the other hand, when it comes to performance reviews make sure you include it all!
Anotherone
Champion

@ScottStorey shock horror. I'll drop you a PM later.