Did you mean: 

Inserting images into a post seems a bit of a mess

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Inserting images into a post seems a bit of a mess

Title says it all see - https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Inconsistency-in-Forum-View-post-count-v-Unrea...

The insert image dialogue has two positioning options on the right, which essentially look the same, but seem non-functional.  As can be seen in the linked to post, the positioning / format of the signature gets screwed up.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Inserting images into a post seems a bit of a mess

@Townman

If you are talking about the blue boxes with grey lines then they reflect the look depending which of the three positions buttons are selected below.

At least, that's how it looks to me.

2Capture.JPG

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @Mav,

So it does - not obvious - thanks.

Ive changed the linked to pilots so that the image is centred, with the consequence that the signature is no longer squashed up on the right of the image.  I woukd have expected that the signature was in a <div> distinct from the body of the post, such that it could not be wrapped around the side of an image.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83,

Do not know if this is skin or bone, but can anything be done with the containers such that if the images are floated left / right signature blocks remain below the post and do not wrap around the image please?

image.jpeg

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

You will need to put an empty paragraph below (block level element) the image so that it clears the float. If I add CSS to clear the float then you will not be able to have text wrap around it which defeats the point of floating images left and right.
I will see if I can put any kind of CSS in to remedy this automatically but it could mess it up for anyone wishing to place images left with text on the right.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
I have added a fix to the signature area to clear floats so it isn't affect by images inserted into posts.
I will likely push changes live this afternoon.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jack,

Yet more magic - this is very much in line with my thinking about how it might be fixed.

Thank you.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This fix is now live.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I spotted it!  I was in the middle of typing a Post - got the Holding page and then forced to login again!