cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicate user has contributed in topic title.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Indicate user has contributed in topic title.

@jaread83 wrote:

isn't 'posted' and 'contributed' the same thing? From a system point of view, there is no difference and I don't think clicking the 'thanks' button counts as contributing to a thread.

Yes, from Lithium point of view they must be the same thing - I was just making a silly and pedantic point that some posts don't exactly 'contribute' to the discussion so this thread should maybe be be 'Indicate user has posted in a discussion' (just to be technically correct).

Please don't take all my posts too seriously (especially if they contain Cheesy Wink Grin or Lips_are_sealed type things).

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Hope no one took my last post seriously. Shocked Wink

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@jaread83 wrote:

isn't 'posted' and 'contributed' the same thing?

Errm, no.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I think Jack must have left his sense of humour at home today as did I my coat Tongue
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

It has been a long week Wink You forgot your coat? I came to work in shorts and tshirt! Should have checked the weather before leaving this morning. It's hard to detect tone of voice with text sometimes so I can't tell if anyone is pulling my leg Wink

In all seriousness though, if we replace avatars at board level to have the icons look like the 'unread' pages it will be limited to what you see on the BT community and we will have things like 'hot topic', 'topic', 'contributed' and maybe a couple of others. At least the icon will be more useful and have a more familiar feel when compared to traditiona forum designsl. I will not be able to add more than what is currently available (but it would be nice if i could).

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

@

Has there been any progress with this?

Cool_smiley

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not yet @npr but its on my enhancement list which I am working through. What I will do is reply on here once its booked in to be looked though!

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It's good to know that this request is still "on the list".  Optimistically at a higher priority than the debate to change the text on the 'Thanks' button?  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Once a week Louisa and I go through both lists and discuss. Sometimes we don't get around to talking about everything as there isn't much time but we will probably talk about this one at the next meeting as its something I'd like to see implemented. AFAIK it should be a simple change to swap out the avatars at board level with traditional board icons. Would also be a good opportunity to talk with the team over at BT about how they have configured their community and get some tips Wink