Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images stored in my profile

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Images stored in my profile

Looking at my profile

Why do I have one hidden image even though I can't see it and why do I have 31 images under my profile which presumably aren't viewable by others except for my avatar

2017-06-26_172656.jpg

Since making this post I see that images under profile have increased to 32

8 REPLIES 8
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Images stored in my profile

The hidden image is hidden because it was uploaded to a topic in a board that is not accessibile to everyone. That board is only accessible by the original staging test users. Because it is a hidden board, the folder selection when uploading an image defaults to 'hidden'.

As for the other folders, that depends what you select when choosing a folder to upload to when adding a new image in a post. The default used to be public (unless you're posting in a private area like the above) but it recently changed to profile and I have Lithium investigating why the default changed.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

thanks Jack - another sneaky change Roll_eyes

Oldjim
Resting Legend

to follow up - why do I apparently have an image in the hidden board but I can't see it

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Click on the image in your media manager page and it will give you a link to where it was posted.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

except there isn't an image shown in that album even though the overview list claims that there is

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can see it on your profile as I am an admin. You should be able to see it as you have access to that board (AFAIK).

https://community.plus.net/t5/New-Community-Feedback/Unread-topic-not-accessible/m-p/1370121#M1083

If you can't access that link then the image would be hidden from being viewed by your user due to lack of permissions to access the place where the image was posted, Thats all I can think of to be honest.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

I can access the link and see the image but looking at the album the image is shown as blank as this screen shot shows which is where the confusion arose as I didn't spot the feint outline (rubbish laptop screen)

CropImage.jpg

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

In your screenshot I can see the image just fine. Your screenshot is of a very long horizontal screenshot of an unread item from the unread page. It is centered in the box and you cannot see the rest of the image. Click the box to see it.