cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you are not a fan of the 'like/thanks' functionality, you can disable it if you prefer.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

If you are not a fan of the 'like/thanks' functionality, you can disable it if you prefer.

Hi all,

A lot of modern social media systems have adopted ways to engage with users by providing a means of rating, retweeting, liking, starring etc etc. This platform also has this functionality in the form of 'likes/thanks' with the thumbs up button. A lot of users are used to seeing this kind of thing elsewhere but more traditional forum users do not see the need for such a thing.

If the like/thanks functionality may not be your cup of tea, you do have the option to completely disable it from your experience on the community to better suit your personal preferences. If you wish to remove the button from your view, follow these steps to disable it:

1. Go to your user settings page
  2. Click preferences
  3. Click Thanks
  4. Put a tick in the box for 'Hide Thanks buttons and counts'

Link to the relevant settings page

I know some of you are not a fan of this functionality so I thought I would put up this PSA so you know how to disable the button and counter on posts.

Please note: you will still see the leaderboards, notifications of other users liking/thanking your posts and also counters on the posts. It just removes the button from view for your user only.

Cheers.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.