Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change my forum email?

FIXED
Selgovae
Grafter
Fixes: 1

How to change my forum email?

I'm finding no matter what I do my forum emailed notifications end up in my spam box. So I was wondering if I can change my forum email address? Is this allowed?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How to change my forum email?

yes you can but it probably won't help as the from address is probably the problem - have you tried white listing it

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Moved to Forum Feedback.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Fix

You can change your email address and it will ask you to verify the email by clicking the verification link in the email that is sent to your new address. If you post before verifying your account your new posts will not be displayed until verified. I am not sure why your email would be sending the messages directly to the spam folder, that would be down to your email client. I personally use gmail as the emails go directly into the 'social' tab in my inbox.

Let me know if I can help you with anything at all.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Selgovae
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thank you to Oldjim and jaread83. I had a go at whitelisting my email address in gmx.com, but that didn't work so I changed the address to one hosted by another email company. Then validated it and so far all is well.