cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you mark a thread "notify of replies" (?)

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

How do you mark a thread "notify of replies" (?)

Not wishing to appear dense  lol  but how do you set up e-mail notifications of replies?

The only options that seem to be available are (on Thread Options)

subscribe to RSS feed * mark topic as new * float this topic to the top * bookmark * subscribe * printer friendly page

On this new start-a-topic page, there is a box (ticked) that says 'email me when someone replies' - could there not be such a box on all views of a thread, or an option like before that says 'Notify' (?)

Thanks Smiley

Penny.

ps. whatever happened to preview-post?

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: How do you mark a thread "notify of replies" (?)

Thread options (top right) should allow you to subscribe to the thread. You can manage notifications here: https://community.plus.net/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions%3Anotification-settings

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
David_W
Rising Star

Preview post..............preview.PNG

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

lol

thank you Smiley

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Chris wrote:

Thread options (top right) should allow you to subscribe to the thread. You can manage notifications here: https://community.plus.net/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions%3Anotification-settings

Thanks Chris - gathered from your reply that the way to get notifications is to "subscribe".

So, just tried to subscribe to the Everything Else board (which I think is where hosting-related threads now appear) and got "oops! authentication failed" (or some such).  Tried to attach a screenshot of that message to this post (assume click photo icon, locate graphic via 'browse' below the post text) and it hasn't appeared (or at least I don't think so, tried to preview this post, graphic wasn't visible and then there wasn't an option to return to the edit and it just took me back to the original thread, so have had to make a reply again).

Then tried to preview the second attempt, and got 

X Error Message 

Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested.

This time had made a copy of the text before I tried the preview, so this is (now) my third try at making this post.

Not finding this new Comm Site especially user-friendly, so far : /

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Penny The Authentication error is one of the things listed in the bugs thread.

This only happened this morning whilst they seemed to be "fixing" something. It was fine up until then and working well despite the shortcomings that need to be added.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

thanks Smiley

read through the bugs thread, saw that someone else has also (since) discovered the preview-then-no-edit issue.

Seems like a lot has "stopped working" just in the last 24 hours, so going to assume that the "no preview" error message (separate) and the "no-file-upload" error, experienced earlier, are just symptomatic of whatever has gone awry.

I hope they can get things fixed okay - probably going to be a week or two before "normal service" can resume, maybe.