cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a issue logging into my forum account. States the user/password doesn't match a valid user.

FIXED
ExtremeZero2
Hooked

Re: Have a issue logging into my forum account. States the user/password doesn't match a valid user.

As expected I'm having the same troubles again. Nothing changed.

Time I tried to login to main account is 4:24PM

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Have a issue logging into my forum account. States the user/password doesn't match a valid user.

I don't know if @jaread83 has had any feedback yet.

How different are the passwords for the two login's. I don't suppose it's something daft like a key on your keyboard not clicking properly for the Extreme0 password ?

ExtremeZero2
Hooked

In terms of size, the passwords are the same length but naturally they are different from each other.

It's nothing to do with my keyboard as I've typed manually one at a time & copied and pasted the exact password and even new passwordswhen I try to reset it in the input box to no avail.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I got some feedback from Lithium and they might think there is either an issue with the password being used or there is some kind of problem with the browser being used. I am not giving up on this yet though as I had another user with a similar problem that I fixed by changing the password.

@ExtremeZero2, may I try providing you with a temporary password for your other account? It will be a simple but secure password and you are free to try resetting it after getting access. Send me a PM to confirm and I will message back with an updated password.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Seems like its being random with it allowing me into the account again and I've done nothing to change that to happen.

@@ExtremeZero2, may I try providing you with a temporary password for your other account? It will be a simple but secure password and you are free to try resetting it after getting access. Send me a PM to confirm and I will message back with an updated password.

Sure go ahead.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I have found the root cause of this problem @ExtremeZero / @ExtremeZero2

It seems that your login 'Extreme0' is taken by another user. I am guessing the old SMF community allowed the same username for users as you would login via email or a seperate account name.

I have sent you a PM with details about what to do next as well as an updated password (which I can change back if you wish).

Apologies for the confusion with all of this. I WILL get this sorted out for you.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Okay, I logged in without any issue twice and hours apart from each login. I think that might of been the sole cause of it.

Good job @jaread83. I didn't think of all the cases it had something to do with the older forum that I also had the same username for.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The question here is why/how has this been going on until recently without a problem? ExtremeZero as they are now, registered as Extreme0 on the 10th May and has posted since then without issue. I see no posts from any other Extreme0.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I am glad I managed to sorted this out for you @ExtremeZero. My apologies if this has caused any frustration on your end.

If you need anything else at all, just send me a private message or start a new thread in this Community Feedback board and I will be happy to help Smiley

Cheers