cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a issue logging into my forum account. States the user/password doesn't match a valid user.

FIXED
ExtremeZero
Grafter

Have a issue logging into my forum account. States the user/password doesn't match a valid user.

Annoyingly it seems I'm having issues logging into my forum account regardless what I do as this error message pops up. I only managed to get logged in out of luck and I have no idea why I'm getting this issue in this forum.

Sigh.JPG

This isn't a first either as this appears to happen randomly when I try to login to the forums. It started around over a month ago and it's been that way since.  Anytime I try to login to the plusnet forums, The most common result is that error message I get, if I'm lucky I login without any problems but thats sometimes and not often.

I've cleared my cookies, cache, browsing history, active log-ins in my default browser (Firefox) with no results. I try it on another browser like Chrome and I get the same issue on it too. I've tried to make my browser remember my login and on the log-in option as well but it dosen't seem to work as I am still logged out after the default time that signs you out.

I don't know why this issue appears to be directly only happening to me but it's really grating when you just want to post new information.

If I fail to login into this account again, I will use a seperate temp account as that is the only way I'm able to get into the forums and respond to anything.

23 REPLIES 23
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Have a issue logging into my forum account. States the user/password doesn't match a valid user.

I had exactly the same issue yesterday and had to resort to doing a password reset to get back in.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Have a issue logging into my forum account. States the user/password doesn't match a valid user.

Hi @ExtremeZero as DaveyH has suggested, I'd try a Password reset if you get further issues - simply because sometimes it's a quick way of getting round occasional gremlins like this. Note, when you do it, you can use the same password again, but you must use the link in the email that gets sent to do it, so I hope the email address you have on the Forum account is up-to-date.
PS. I'll put a post on your FTTC thread that I've just spotted a bit later Wink Hope your ADSL connection has been nice and stable since Openreach's "efforts" Tongue

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Well that's what I try to do anyways. But even when I'm putting the new password in, it still comes up with that same error message. After that I would have to send another email because it expires after the first attempt.

I managed to login fine today but I doubt it be for long when I get the same issue again.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

This seems to have become an issue for a few users so I think I need to raise a support ticket with Lithium to see if they can investigate.

@ExtremeZero, have you been able to sign in with your other account yet? If not, send me a PM with the account username and the password you would like to use and I will change it for you.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

ExtremeZero2
Hooked

Yea I'm able to sign into this account perfectly fine without an issue so far. Can't seem to access my main one atm.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ExtremeZero2, so the problem is with the @ExtremeZero account right?

If you PM me with a new password you would like it changed to, I can manually change it for you to see if that helps.

In the meantime I have raised a support ticket with Lithium to look into this as you are the 3rd user to report this type of issue in the last week so I want to see if there is anything wrong with the system.

Edit: the system will say that the user and password combination does not match a valid user in the community becuase the password typed in could be wrong. I think resetting your password manually will remedy this. Hopefully I can get Lithium to see whats wrong so it doesn't happen to anyone else in the future.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @ExtremeZero / @ExtremeZero2

I have sent you a PM confirming that your password has been updated.

Hope this resolves the issue.

Cheers.

ExtremeZero2
Hooked

It didn't. I'm still getting the same error message again even with the new password.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's strange as I had logged in to your account using the credentials provided and it let me in just fine.

Can you confirm that you have no javascript blocking software enabled?

ExtremeZero2
Hooked

I don't have any Javascript blocking software or plugins on my browsers.

And I doubt it's Javascript blocking as I'm able to login into this account fine and sometimes my main with some wild luck. If it was a Javascript being blocked, I wouldn't of been able to login into either accounts permanently until I unblocked the Javascript from initiating.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay no problem. I have Lithium engineers looking into this for you right now.

They had asked me to ask you to clear your browser cache and cookies and try again and post the exact time you attempt to login. Using this information they can pinpoint where the issue is in the server logs. If you can provide that information that would be a huge help! I will do everything I can to get this sorted for you.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

One other thing... can you confirm your Firefox browser version? We have had a lot of issues with Firefox V46 and a lot of issues were resolved with the release of V47. I just want to make sure that you are running the latest version of Firefox so I know that isn't part of the problem.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Managed to login after clearing my Browser Cache and Cookies again but I did this before with the same success only to be having the same issue again time after time so don't count it as a solution but as a indication as to where it's possibly going wrong. I logged in about 12:28PM

I'm on Firefox v.47 so it's not a version issue.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I will pass this information over to Lithium right away. They might be able to see what is going on in the server logs.