Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the site fonts changed today?

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the site fonts changed today?

Is it my imagination or have the fonts changed on the site since this morning? I'm asking as I am now using OSX Mojave so it maybe this is the reason, as I only installed it a hour or so ago.

6 REPLIES 6
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Has the site fonts changed today?

Fix
No changes have been deployed.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks jaread83 I guess it's down to Mojave then, or I'm needing my eyes tested again.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Mook,

Exactly what are you seeing?

I have suggested before that there are issues with how the site loads its content.  Typically I see 3 or 4 changes of fonts during the page load process and sometimes it "sticks" with the "wrong" fonts, I guess due to a rendering or resource failure.

I do not understand why the .CCS is not being picked up from cache rather than (apparently) being reloaded on every page rendering.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Townman, taking your reply as a perfect example, to me the font looks 'thinner' date I say more elegant than it was this morning when I did my other postings and reading. I installed OXS Mojave and when I returned to the site there was a noticeable change in the appearance of the fonts which is what prompted the OP.

As no updates have been applied then I can only guess that this is down to Mojave having an influence as there's no other reason that I can think of. I agree with you as regards the font changes during load as it is something I have seen myself but this is an over all styling issue in that what I see appears to have changed, albeit for the better.

What I see, does it look different?

The above is what I see, does it look different to what you, or indeed, others see?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Looks like the Arial font to me, nothing really different here. It might be that Mojave renders system default fonts (in this case arial) ever so slightly differently.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

The characters look slightly squatter / wider.  O's, C's and e's look rounder as though the letters have been widened a little, without otherwise altering their form. They also look a little bolder.

I agree it looks better, but I think otherwise its the same.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.