cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half joke, half out of date links?

Estragon
Rising Star

Half joke, half out of date links?

I went to someone's Profile then scrolled down and found a link to "Show the last posts of this person". Sounds a bit ominous! Thankfully, when clicked, it takes you to the person's latest posts. Maybe a tiny edit to the link text would be worth doing?
I came back to the Community Site and Forums section to comment on this and at the top is a sticky to Report New Bugs Here. So I clicked that, although it looks locked.
It gave me a list of fixed and outstanding bugs that looks as though the last update was in 2007? Clicking the link in that to Community Site Bugs that it tells you to go to I got "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you".  Dead?  Grin
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Half joke, half out of date links?

Right
The sticky is intended to guide you into submitting a bug in that board
The rest of it is nothing to do with us - only Staff can mess about with that  Roll_eyes
Estragon
Rising Star

It's a sticky mess though, don't you agree? You can't post in that board anyway.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A board is the place where threads are posted - this is a thread and that is what the sticky post refers to
Why do you think it states
Only start a new thread if one does not already exist concerning this issue.
Estragon
Rising Star

LOL. I get your meaning now.
But to me a thread saying Post Bugs Reports Here means post in that thread. The meaning you put on that is something that should be in the description of the board, not the subject of a thread.
Maybe there isn't any other way here :).
It still leaves the fact that the link within that thread is broken, and this is the only place to report it so far as I can see.
Not my problem though  :P.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: Estragon
I went to someone's Profile then scrolled down and found a link to "Show the last posts of this person".…

I think that text comes with the SMF 1.1.x package that these forums use. Once updated to SMF 2.x the link will say "Show posts".
David
pierre_pierre
Grafter

@Estragon
If I click on the "Show last posts" it does indeed do that - the last 16 you made, if I want to see the other 13 I have to go to page 2ost
I suppose you could say the most recent
Estragon
Rising Star

Hi Pierre,
It should simply say latest, not last.
My last posts could make sad reading, but at least I won't have to read them.  Cry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well it does show some from long ago with people who have left PN as well
one we were looking at recently was WildRose52  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=12488