rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Global Banning of all customers on General Chat

Have i been a Naughty Boy ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@shutter

Fully agree with the points you have made.

The mods have missed one thing........

Chat has simply moved on to this section of the forum.... if this closes it with simply move to another section.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@rongtw wrote:

Have i been a Naughty Boy ?

According to the mods..... we all have...  Angry

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I am reading the playground has simply moved to another area. 

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Anonymous wrote:

the playground has simply moved to another area. 

And participation makes us all part of that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at all, what you say and how it is said does that.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@shutter wrote:

@Townman you have a very "thin" argument there, in favour of closing down General chat altogether... for someone who does not use it often this is of no consequence..

You are doing it again - argumentatively putting words not said into people's mouths.  Please stop the unhelp rhetoric around here.  What I said was that this is not the end of the world (a 2 day ban) and that the board was not essential to the prime purpose of this forum.  I said nothing of "closing down General chat altogether" - those are your words, not mine.

As ever you are quick to jump on any grumble band wagon and make mountains out of mole hills.  Get some perspective - this is a 48 hour cooling off of the chatter box board.

I can well understand the possibility that the mods having to work out who should and who should not have an individual ban might well be a tedious and time consuming task.  In the face of many offenders it is more the plausible that locking down the whole of the board was more time proficient than individually banning then unbanning individual users.

For some around here to suggest that such action was "a cop out" on the apart of the mods who give their time for free here is somewhat offensive.

Personally, I hope the main poop-stirrers get a lengthy ban when the board suspension is lifted - if they want to behave like spoiled brats, take their toys away.

Given that your toy has been taken away ... how would you classify your behaviour here?  It is just a 48 hour ban from something no one here has any rights to expect nor demand.  It will be back by Tuesday - chill a little. Cool_smiley

I concur that the end point is sad, but I have every faith that the actions from the mods here came as a last resort after many warnings, which were clearly ignored.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Townman - that last quote was from me, not Shutter - and nowhere have I complained about the action taken - in fact I fully support the mods, but experience has taught me that such individuals don't give up until a response affects them directly.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

John,

Indeed it was, but I was quoting Shutter quoting you... and contrasting that re-quote against the behaviour over the board being given a complete time-out ... for just 48 hours ... about enough time to go read a good book instead.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Sorry, Kevin - didn't realise he'd quoted me there - I understand.

John
billnotben
Community Veteran

@Townman wrote:

For some around here to suggest that such action was "a cop out" on the apart of the mods who give their time for free here is somewhat offensive.

"a cop out" = avoid doing something that one ought to do.

Like simply ban the ne'er-do-wells. How that could be offensive escapes me.

Unless you think something given freely is an excuse for doing a poor job, Overall I think the mods do a good job. But I don't have to agree with all their decisions.

happihijabi
Grafter

I would like to add my view as a relative newcomer here.
As far as I can see, the Chitchat board is dominated by a handful of longer term members who seem to think they own the board. They love nothing more than agreeing with each other and awarding each other ‘thumbs up’, but heaven help anyone who dares to put forward a view that doesn’t meet with their approval. When that happens they gang up to make personal attacks and generally bully the ‘outsider’, and when he or she tries to defend themselves the long term members claim that the outsider is disrupting the smooth running of the forum and start demanding that the Mods take action - action against the person they have been bullying!
The saddest thing is that some of those bullies have posted in this thread as if they are the injured party. One of the posts in this thread agrees with the criticisms of the Mods, and yet is written by someone who yesterday started a thread which was solely about attacking one of the victims of their bullying and making it clear that they were not welcome on the forum. That thread was removed, but why on earth are they still able to post here?
Another of the main protagonists of the bullying culture is still at it on this thread, trying to pin the blame on one 'bad apple' of a newcomer. Victim blaming at its most obvious, but he still seems to get away with it. Why?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@happihijabi,

A warm welcome to the forms.  For a 'maiden' post that is a brilliant reflective thought.  I hope that what you've seen around here recently will not put you off remaining around here. Thumbs_Up

billnotben
Community Veteran

An odd post for a "relative newcomer". Their "first".

Not so odd for someone's alternative posting id though.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get you.Smiley

happihijabi
Grafter

Maybe I should've expllained - only registered a couple of weeks ago but have been lurking for a while Smiley