Did you mean: 

Forum threw its toys out of the pram!

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Forum threw its toys out of the pram!

About 09:10 today got a yellow splash screen asking that I report a service exception - 3A7D8C62 - whilst trying to access this topic - https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Legacy-Justmail-and-its-future/td-p/1641365/jump-to...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

19 REPLIES 19
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Forum threw its toys out of the pram!

You ain't the only one, @Townman 

John
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've just had the same prompt @09:35.

The prompt screen has a "Return to original page" link - but this just does a page refresh!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Trying to access any of the 5 unread posts (via unread posts) in that topic throws a wobble!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Is the referred to topic in some kind of odd ball state - some level of restricted access?

I note that a new post was made to it by @JOLO just after midday upping my unread post count ... they are remain inaccessible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just tried to read the update on the assumption that the issue was fixed but like yourself @Townman I still get exception message, so summit's broken that doesn't affect staff (LAN Users?) but only (WAN?) users like us.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Apparently the OP can post to it without issue.

@JonoH  - it is worth trying to get Lithium looking at this before it vanishes due to a system restart or the like?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Odd, I wonder what causes it. I can view it on the network, on the VPN and tethered to my phone. Strange

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH you have super human powers around here - social media staff also seem to be able to access it without issue.

Out of the box thinking - I can also elsewhere see boards reporting non-zero unread counts, where there are no unread posts.  Back in Jack's day out of sync cache servers were cited as being the cause for this.

There have been a number of reports around of date time stamps being nearly 24 hours in advance or the current time.  I'm musing if all of this points to a server out of time sync / zone (in the twilight zone)?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Yup!  I've also got the 'stuck' count on one board.  Looking at the 'unread' posts that board reports 'no posts'.

I guess I can clear "All posts in Community" to clear it but that's a bit of a sledgehammer

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I have reproduced the error with this topic on a browser session which is not showing an unread post count error.  So there is no conspiracy! Azn

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I can access that thread too
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

But you too have super human powers!

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

true and it doesn't work when I'm logged out...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In which case might this simply be a failure of the "you do not have permissions to view this post" error handling?