cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum "Last Visited" time appears to be wrong !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forum "Last Visited" time appears to be wrong !

@jaread83, can you explain what is going on below ?

First look at the time when this member posted their most recent reply - "51 minutes ago" - which is correct, as I've looked at the topic, and I had received a notification email at that time.

Now look at when this member "Last Visited" the forum - "3 hours ago" - shown both in the top right of the picture, and bottom centre.

So how did this member manage to post a reply 51 minutes ago, when they apparently hadn't visited the forum in the last 3 hoursShocked

noddy8.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Forum "Last Visited" time appears to be wrong !

I think - but may be completely wrong - last visit is when he arrived not when he left

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the old forum the equivalent of "Last Visited" was updated every time the member performed an action or activity within the forum, and for many people their profile would show the "Last Visited" time as being ten minutes before their last session timed out due to inactivity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have captured another snapshot of this member's profile which seems to disprove @Oldjim's suggestion that the "Last Visited" time might be when the member "arrived" on the forum.

Here's my line of thinking -

• This member wasn't logged in to the forum overnight, as I was up late and had been watching the forum list of avatars to see who was still online after midnight, and I'm reasonably sure they weren't there.

• This member did "arrive" on the forum some time this morning, and posted a topic reply at 06:35, which corresponds to the "39 minutes ago" shown in the picture.

• On this screenshot, the member's "Last Visited" time is shown as "Yesterday", and therefore cannot correspond to when they "arrived".

noddy8-again.jpg

Huh

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I think its more to do with the last time the user logged in or created a new session on the forum. It doesn't follow the user around and update the time anytime they visit a page. As for the 'yesterday' text, this is a relative date and if you hover your mouse over the text it will reveal the exact date and time.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@noddy8, to help us get a better idea of what is going on here, did you leave your computer switched on overnight with the web browser open ?.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If I view my own profile the Last Visited time shows as the current time (when this profile page displayed). However viewing my profile using a different browser and when not logged in shows the time I booted up my PC and entered the forum this morning.

So it looks like one might be coming from my session information whereas the other is the last (re) connection to the forum.

David
noddy8
Grafter

no it wasn't on over night I didn't log in until this morning if thats any help

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It must be just borked then Cheesy