cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum changes

KeyBasher
Dabbler

Forum changes

It's been a while since I was last here. It has changed. (And so far I don't like it - perhaps it's just unfamiliarity).

Trying to log in to this Plusnet Community" my password was refused. And I'm fairly sure I haven't changed it.

So I've reset it. And, my login name was remembered - but not, apparently, my password.

This is a frustration, One of many I get while traversing the Plus Net web site.

5 REPLIES 5
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Forum changes

Hi @KeyBasher,

Welcome back and sorry to hear you're having issues logging in. Is this the account you are currently having issues with changing the password on the forums or is this an alternative account so you can post this thread?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the new community @KeyBasher, sorry to hear you're not a fan of it so far.

I'm assuming @jaread83 has got the wrong end of the stick here and that your frustration is that you are on the same account you previously had, but your frustration was that you had to reset your password in order to log on, this was intentional. When we migrated over to the new community platform, it was a requirement that members reset their password on the first login.

Initially when the migration happened, we had a notice up on the home page advising of this for the first month or so. Although admittedly it doesn't cover everything, we have an FAQ here that may help you get to grips with the new platform the community now runs on.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@HarryB apart from the bit about Password Reset, coming here for Forum problems and the House Rules, surely you realise to anyone with a bit of tech knowledge the rest of the FAQ is about as useful as a chocolate teapot!

Hi @KeyBasher yes it has changed and unfamiliarity will not help, and I'm sure you'll find some of the "features" won't help either Roll_eyes A lot have been raised on this board, so if you fancy a weekend's reading this is the place to come Funny

PS. I've replied to a couple of your other posts, hope it's of some help.

KeyBasher
Dabbler

"...but your frustration was that you had to reset your password in order to log on.."

Yes that was it. After getting to the "last straw" with other things, reaching this was all most too much to bear.

I'm over it now I suppose. But thanks for replying and sorry for the delay getting back.

KeyBasher
Dabbler

Anotherone: " so if you fancy a weekend's reading this is the place to come"

Thanks for the warning. I don't think I'll bother now, I want to fit in half an hour of Splatoon.