Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement: notified to moderator flag

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Enhancement: notified to moderator flag

It would be helpful if posts which one has previously flagged to the moderators were marked as such.

The ‘flag’ should be visible to at least be the user(s) who flagged a post. A potential extension to that could be to all users so that people are aware that a concern has been raised already.

Such functionality would be similar to another leading forum technology - Discourse.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Enhancement: notified to moderator flag

Why? What purpose would it achieve.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

1. Remind me what I’ve already referred - sometimes I forget

2. Indicate to others that a post has been flagged and does not need flagging again

It’s a feature on other forums I use (and moderate) and is found to be very useful.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I think if this was such a problem with reported posts the mods would have requested such an enhancement.
However, we’re not drowning in reports and it doesn’t really matter if something gets reported more than once.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'