Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Either the forum was broke for a few seconds just now - or this popup was wrong

7 REPLIES 7
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Either the forum was broke for a few seconds just now - or this popup was wrong

I had the outage too Jim.  You beat me to the postWink   I just got 500 errors - No maintenance screen.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Either the forum was broke for a few seconds just now - or this popup was wrong

Fix

Just getting things prepped and ready for the changes going live tonight.

Sorry that this popped up for a few seconds while the system pulled in the changes ready for this.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Extremely poor planning  @jaread83

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Is it though @MauriceC? I pushed changes up to the 'preview' version of the live site so our QA team can test new functionality and make sure everything is ready before going live tonight. I don't think that is poor planning at all.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

The intention was good - the choice of timing poor.  Upload to the 'preview' server should not affect the 'Live' service.

Note:  i didn't get the 'Maintenance' screen just 500 error

M

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I apologise for that and take responsibility for the short outage.

The preview version is all of the changes uploaded to the live site but not fully merged into full view of everyone being able to see it. This just means that we can do sanity checks on everything with real data before pushing forward with going live.

I am currently in the process of making sure that everything works and composing a thread with details of everything that has changed.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Sanity checks? Crazy3

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."