cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit post doesn't take me to the post just to the top of the screen above the edit box

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Edit post doesn't take me to the post just to the top of the screen above the edit box

Using Firefox 55.03 and Win 10 on my laptop with a small screen2017-08-31_085349.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Edit post doesn't take me to the post just to the top of the screen above the edit box

This is normal behaviour. The page doesn't scroll to the content body.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Edit post doesn't take me to the post just to the top of the screen above the edit box

Does https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4963053/focus-to-input-without-scrolling give any ideas on what could be done?

See also the related articles on that page.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I know how to focus to an element on a page jelv Cheesy there are a lot of other things to consider when implementing such functionality (such as the element to scroll to being available in the DOM - the text area is rendered after page load so would need to scroll to something else).
It's an interesting idea though so let me add it to my backlog and we will look at doing something when editting a post. I can't promise anything but I will see what we can do and take a proper look at it soon.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I was assuming it wasn't a focus issue as on a larger screen the cursor is flashing in the correct place when you edit or reply to a post which was why I linked to something relating to forcing a scroll.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Indeed. That is what I have put into my backlog ticket - to look at scrolling the page down to the form rather than focus on a particular element with the cursor (the subject field is disabled in most cases so this would be an issue).