Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you know that making a disparaging remark about Jess isn't acceptable

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Did you know that making a disparaging remark about Jess isn't acceptable

Think you'll find I can.
So I repeat whom (i.e. who is living) did his comment offend?
Jim had been a moderator on these forums for many years, so he more than anybody else should know what is accetable and what isn't.
Apart from people looking to get offended about something that isn't directed to them and a computer I don't see a problem. Will I get banned for saying my PC is shit?
Sad this forum is heading tbis way, and I will stop bothering with the way it is heading.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If my memory isn't faulty the word was somewhat offensive as it referred to a silly female dog although given that it wasn't addressed to an individual I didn't see the problem
From other posts it appears that my memory was faulty  Embarrassed Embarrassed
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

It must have been edited more than once then, as the previous version that can still be found is less offensive than that.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Not by me - will need to see if I can find it
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I was told it referred to a daft flying feathered mammal!
...but still no one appears interested in fixing the system being called out for not functioning in a way that actually helps people!

Very much reminds me of Easy Jet's attitude to customer service as seen on TV - "If you are going to speak with me in that way, I am not going to help you...!" completely forgetting that it was the failure of Easy Jet's customer service which created the aggravated customer irritation in the first place; customer service not responding positively to non-confrontational requests for help.
So sad that more time and effort is put into discussing the tone and words used, than it would take to resolve the cause for complaint in the first place.  I know from first hand experience in the pub trade that pulling someone up over language actually only makes matters worse.  The right way to resolve situations is to sort out the cause for complaint - I do not see it happening here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

That is much more likely as I don't think I would have used the other description  - but then what was objectionable about it
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

It being truthful (in straight language)?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.