Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Update 04/07/2019 Version 19.3 to 19.5

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Community Update 04/07/2019 Version 19.3 to 19.5

Tonight the 3rd July 2019 our suppliers will be upgrading the community from version 19.3 to the latest software version 19.5

If you're experiencing new issues following this work, please post here. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
23 REPLIES 23
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Community Update

Hope you've put your overtime claim in, @JonoH Grin

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I suggest you add a date and version to the topic title @JonoH so the same approach can be recycled for future updates keeping them all in their respective places.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonoH Was this work done last night? I'm only asking as I see no significant changes (are we meant to?) and notice that the copyright at the bottom of the screen remains at 2018, I would have thought with a versioned roll-out like this that would have changed.

JonoH
Hero

@Anonymous wrote:

@JonoH Was this work done last night?

I'm not told it hasn't rolled, but I've not had confirmation either.

I'm only asking as I see no significant changes (are we meant to?)

If all goes well, you shouldn't notice.

and notice that the copyright at the bottom of the screen remains at 2018, I would have thought with a versioned roll-out like this that would have changed.

That's on us to change, its not part of the software version

Jono H
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jut out of curiosity @JonoH have the suppliers confirmed the roll-out yet? If it's normal that you get notified and you've not had any then the implication is that there's nothing to notify you about i.e. it wasn't done!

JonoH
Hero

No, they have not.

Under normal circumstances, I'd know the rollout was happening a week or two before and could test it in our staging environment.  They would then deploy the update and confirm it via email.

It's no secret we've had a few issues around here lately so I've asked our suppliers to step out of the process and roll the update early. (I've still tested it). I now have to wait for the team dealing with my complaint to confirm the rollout has been completed. 

Jono H
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @JonoH it is appreciated; as always.

jab1
Legend

@JonoH Has this update occurred yet? I ask because (1) The forum is once again taking quite a while load certain elements, having previously being fairly well-behaved and (2) at some point clicking links to posters images was changed from 'open using windows picture viewer' to 'save'.

The change of action was not down to anything I did, before you ask.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@JonoH 

Is the odd layout here - https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Service-Restrictions-After-Failed-Payment/m-p/16536... - a consequence of this update?

At the time of posting this, there is a large area of space after the opening paragraph.  The test results scroll vertically for no apparent reason.  The post width is wider than the display portal, even on a massive screen!

I also note that the post options drop down disappears at the point that the cursor reaches the area of the space described above, such that it is not possible to select the drop down options at the bottom of the list (report to mods and SU escalation).

Win10 using edge and Chrome.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

@jab1 wrote:

@JonoH Has this update occurred yet?

Yes, it went live as scheduled and was confirmed to me Monday morning.

I ask because (1) The forum is once again taking quite a while load certain elements, having previously being fairly well-behaved

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep an eye on reports of this. I don't think that a software issue will fix all the issues we're encountering, but I'm hopeful it will improve things at least a little.

and (2) at some point clicking links to posters images was changed from 'open using windows picture viewer' to 'save'.

There's a bug reported already for this it's been raised for a while but it's not yet resolved.

@Townman wrote:

Is the odd layout here - https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Service-Restrictions-After-Failed-Payment/m-p/16536... - a consequence of this update?

I don't think so, it's the first example I've heard of. I can't replicate it internally.

Jono H
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Cannot replicate the odd layout or cannot replicate the odd drop down list mouse over behaviour?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@JonoH Thanks for the update.

FYI, the 'slow loading' is sporadic, but still noticeable - I had a few instances yesterday of the whole forum 'locking up', where the only resolution was to reload.

The 'open with' issue seems to be rectified, for a while anyway, by reselecting the correct option.

John
JonoH
Hero

@Townman  Either, but I also cannot download your browser.

@jab1 I'm happy to update when we have information, the main struggle we've had is getting our suppliers to be able to replicate the issues.

Jono H
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH 

The mods cleaned up that post - are there historic copies available to you?