Did you mean: 

Community Feedback Survey

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Community Feedback Survey

@LouisaMartin wrote:

I'll be reviewing this and it may be something we run for a month and then switch off for 2 months however, this is dependent upon the volume of completed surveys we get, as we need to ensure we have a sufficient volume to be able to report on it.

If I (we) responded to the survey on every device I (we) get prompted to do so ... would that help you reach the required target quicker? Wink Funny

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How valid would the results be though if people didn't give consistent replies on each device when they opted to complete it, if enough people did it then they'd be tantamount to useless.

G3WYP
Rising Star

Very annoying, every time I log in I'm asked if I want to complete the survey.

"THE ANSWER IS STILL NO"

Derek

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Have you got a cookie killer / are you browsing in private mode? Either will cause that to happen.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

G3WYP
Rising Star

Thanks for your reply.

The answer is no to both, interestingly just now when I logged on there was no pop up to take part in the survey.

Derek

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Don't see why we should have to accept a cookie to to stop these annoying pop-ups every time we come to the forum.

In fact is there any point to this survey.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not taking sides here but how would you track someone that had refused to complete it? You can't use the IP as there may well be others in the house that are willing to complete it, and if it's tied to a username then there will be cries of invasion of privacy.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Having a little on screen button labelled "Would you like to take our Survey" when you login would be too difficult I suppose.

Far better to join the annoying pop up merchants and take away some choice in the matter.

With a probable large number of annoyed people going on to do this survey would anyone really give the results any credence.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Thanks for your feedback @billnotben 

@jaread83 will take it away and see if there's anything we can do

Louisa
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Already 1 step ahead of you and put an idea on Lithiums product ideas board about linking survey preference (ignore/completed) to the account rather than by device. It is getting some traction already by other communities also agreeing that its a bit archaic the way that it currently behaves. Unfortunately, there is nothing more I can do beyond that.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I have also sent a message over to Lithium support to see if there is anything that can be done in the meantime.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@billnitben,

As a general answer to levels of difficulty ... if is an appearance issue fixable client side then there's some chance Jack can work his magic ... if it's in core Lithium functionality then do not hold your breath for they take ages to fix operational bugs, even those raised at the highest severity. Remember the weeks it took to fixi the ranking issue?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Getting Fed Up with being nagged about survey

I`m getting a fed up of being nagged every so often to complete some kind of survey... I keep clicking NO THANKS but it comes back again,

and again,

and again.

.and again,

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again.

.and again,

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again,

and again.

.and again,

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again.

.and again,

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Getting Fed Up with being nagged about survey

Stop deleting the ValueSurveyParticipation cookie!
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Getting Fed Up with being nagged about survey

Moderator's note:

Threads merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still