cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cited (quoted) notifications have stopped.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cited (quoted) notifications have stopped.

@jaread83, I may well be mistaken but recently I've been under the impression that when someone quotes one of your post a notification was sent. I've just replied to such a post but I've not had any notification of the @ in the quote, or am I losing the plot here?

6 REPLIES 6
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Cited (quoted) notifications have stopped.

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaread83@, I may well be mistaken but recently I've been under the impression that when someone quotes one of your post a notification was sent. I've just replied to such a post but I've not had any notification of the @ in the quote, or am I losing the plot here?

Okay Mook just a test - see if you get any notifications from this?

Yes sorry mods, breaking the rules a bit by doing a full quote from the preceding post - let me off as it is just a test. Tongue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex wrote:

Okay Mook just a test - see if you get any notifications from this?

Alex, are you saying that my assumption is correct? If that is the case then no I got nothing even after the OP or it's edit. Did you get one for this?

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'm not sure if I'm honest.

Your post implies if someone quotes you with an automated @ with your name in your notifications don't work? Don't know if I am right.

However if I were to manually compose a post and type @ plus your name, would you still get those?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 164

I have a vague recollection (could be mistaken) that tags in quotes does not give rise to an email notification or was modified not to.**  They certainly do not give rise to an on-line notification in the same way a tagging does.

**There is some possibility that I might be confusing this with the fix to stop some one tagged being emailed each time the post is edited.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My post is based on the inclusion of the @ symbol in the citation, implying that it would raise a notification like a normal @Townman does.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Not entirely sure guys. There was a software update on Friday when I was away seeing family and haven't had a chance to take a look at what has changed. I don't think that you will get the @ notification if you have been quoted - there was a lot of complaints about bombardment of emails and notifications in that regard as far as I can recall about it. The quote system never used to use the mentions but with GDPR in place Lithium needed a solid way of removing a username from posts when an account is deleted - since they started using the @ in quotes, email volumes went up and other communities got a bit upset about the increased emails and notifications (mainly as if you're being quoted, you're already subscribed to a thread). That's my knowledge about it anyway.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.