cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to post titles not propagating correctly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changes to post titles not propagating correctly.

Due to stupidity I misspelled the title of a post and asked a moderator to change it and this was duly done. However, I see on the unread post view that this correction has not propagated correctly and shows this;

Unread View

So what’s wrong here, this really needs to be fixed otherwise it defeats the purpose of having it corrected!

4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Changes to post titles not propagating correctly.

There is a very simple reason for that - I will explain

The basic software as tested before general release showed the title of the thread before each post and it was possible (I believe) to change the title at post level - this is how it works on the Think Broadband Forums - we grumbled about the wasted space which was then removed by a script I think

The result is that although the title of the thread is changed the title associated with each post doesn't get changed which is what you are seeing

It is not ideal but I suspect we are stuck with it

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

You are 100% correct Jim. The absence of the title makes this less obvious when viewing a thread but if we have a situation where posts are merged into another thread, it will still have the same title as the old thread. There is a lot of interest on the Lithium ideas board to have a method of changing all the titles of a merged thread to be a single title so hopefully something will be changed in the near future.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, appreciated. At least I know now.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yet a further example of how dis-jointed the modules that make up this forum actually are Roll_eyes