cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Censorship to the extreme

Plusnetthepits
Dabbler

Censorship to the extreme

I expect this posting to be removed forthwith.  This so-called community site is just a farce.  Anything that Plusnet does not like, or the so-called 'volunteers' (how sad is that?) do not like, is removed.  My previous name was 'Plusnetthepits', which I was eventually told by OldJim broke the rules.  The name was altered to 'thepits'.  I expressed my surprise and disdain about this - in an email to OldJim.  As a consequence, I find that my 'sent' email has been deleted, in addition to the lack of reply.  Why would someone 'volunteer' on behalf of Plusnet to help regulate this site?  What does that say about such individuals?  I just find the whole thing worrying.  Surely, we have a right to express our opinions.  If we do, then that MUST allow at times for some extreme, maybe quite 'strong' opinons?  But no, that does not seem to be the case.  I'm sick and tired of being subject to the whims of these awful companies.  Even more sad to be subject to the whims of volunteer individuals who clearly have nothing better to do with their time.
10 REPLIES 10
Teds31
Grafter

Re: Censorship to the extreme

dont understand why you are still here, plenty of other ISPs. Ted
Mark
Grafter

thepits
The whole ethos of this site is Community. In various guises we've had the Plusnet forums since circa 2002. They've always been run and moderated by members of the community who freely give up their spare time to help other people, offer sound advice and keep things ticking over.
The mere fact that this site exists and the fact that feedback, positive or negative is welcomed proves that opinions are welcome and are freely expressed, within the rules.
Feedback, when reasoned and constructive is extremely valuable. Staff can understand issues and respond and we as a company can learn. Members of the community can get involved, offer advice and assistance, from the goodness of their hearts and each and everyday this community resolves countless issues.
Whats not to like.
I recognise that the community ethos may not fit all. For those who do not wish to participate in the community then I'd suggest that you use the other methods of support which are available.
The participants in this forums and especially the moderators deserve a pat on the back and have our collective respect.
Mark
CJ
Dabbler

As a new member here if I see "PlusNet" as a username I wonder if that person is one of PlusNet's staff.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

As Mark has said nobody has an issue with well constructed criticism, no matter the severity of it. However that's not an excuse for abusive posting or flouting the forum rules.
Forum rules are there to ensure the smooth running of the forums for all parties, and every person who signs up  forum agrees to abide by the rules.
There are several rules covering forum name and the derogatory use of the Plusnet name, if you abuse these rules action will be taken.
If you are unhappy with the rules or the forums feel free to leave. There are many users whom have issues and have them resolved quite satisfactorily without resorting to abuse.
And why volunteer? It's nice to see a company want impartial help with forums, too often the are controlled by staff who can delete / edit posts on a whim.
Clearly having well defined rules and transparency on part of the moderators help the smooth running of the forums and generally those who dislike it seem to have no attempt to use the forums as they are meant.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: CJ
....if I see "PlusNet" as a username I wonder if that person is one of PlusNet's staff.

Generally Plusnet staff posts are as you see with Mark Kelly above.
They have 'Plusnet Staff' under their name along with the logo and a job description in their signature but I can understand the confusion hence the action we take.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: thepits
As a consequence, I find that my 'sent' email has been deleted, in addition to the lack of reply. 

for information moderators can't view, edit or remove members PM's. This is purely co-incidental.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: thepits
I expect this posting to be removed forthwith. 

No, it won't. Plusnet is frequently heavily criticised in these forums on aspects of service and policy, sometimes justifiably, sometimes not.
The point is, you can express any opinion you like in a measured and proportionate way, and you will not be censored.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Given the tone and content of the PM I considered that a response would only inflame the situation.
Hence I decided to let the matter drop
You didn't send an email but a PM and as you haven't ticked "Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default" in your profile it won't save it automatically
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Oh dear - somebody didn't notice the lack of a tick in the box shown in the attached screen shot when he sent the PM!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
CJ
Dabbler

Quote from: Strat
Quote from: CJ
....if I see "PlusNet" as a username I wonder if that person is one of PlusNet's staff.

Generally Plusnet staff posts are as you see with Mark Kelly above.
They have 'Plusnet Staff' under their name along with the logo and a job description in their signature but I can understand the confusion hence the action we take.

Many thanks for clarifying that. Smiley