Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you quote a post here?

FIXED
MrFraggle
Grafter

Can you quote a post here?

I am probably missing something but I do not see anyway yo quote a particular post if I am looking for clarification for instance?

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Can you quote a post here?

If you look at the bottom of the post.that you wish to quote you will see the post number in pink and underlined. Click on this and select copy link location. Then go to your new post and click paste.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MrFraggle
Grafter

MrFraggle
Grafter

That is not very effective.

But just to make sue I got it right: I left click the pink number as right clicking does nothing as far as I can see?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

@MrFraggle, start by clicking 'Reply' on the post you want to reply to.

Once the editor appears you can then click the Quote button seen at the top right of the editor.

@MrFraggle wrote:

Like this. You then then make your response to it as needed.

MrFraggle
Grafter

@Anonymous wrote:

Once the editor appears you can then click the Quote button seen at the top right of the editor.

@MrFraggle wrote:

How did I miss that, another example of my declining mental faculties on reaching pension age. Cheers mate.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Two different methods to suit different purposes.

Using @Baldrick1 method is very useful if what you are trying to do is to draw attention to a particular post(s) whilst making other observations.

Using @Anonymous method is more useful if you are trying to add comment to particular parts of the post.  E.g.

@MrFraggle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Once the editor appears you can then click the Quote button seen at the top right of the edit

Using the Blockquote icon on the toolbar I've broken the text and added this comment 

Using the Blockquote icon again I've broken the text again and added this second comment 

How did I miss that, another example of my declining mental faculties on reaching pension age. Cheers mate.

It just takes a little bit of practice to become proficient - and reducing the text content of your reply pleases the ModsGrin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrFraggle wrote:

How did I miss that, another example of my declining mental faculties on reaching pension age.

It may well be that @MrFraggle, but equally it could it be that as the button is dark grey first sight implies that it is disabled just like the cancel button. It might be better to have them Plusnet pink, maybe this is something @jaread83 could comment on.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@MrFraggle wrote:

But just to make sue I got it right: I left click the pink number as right clicking does nothing as far as I can see?

We were obviously at cross purposes. I thought that you wished to point to a location remote from the post to which you were replying. An example is if a question has been previously answered in another topic it is easier to simply point to the already recorded fix.

In case it helps others It's a right click of the mouse for both copying the link location and pasting it into your new reply the same as the standard Windows copy and paste methodology. Right clicking the message number opens a drop down list on my Win 10 computer from which I select 'copy link location'.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'