Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being logged out on a mobile device.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Being logged out on a mobile device.

That sounds feasible. I logged in yesterday on my Nexus, at home with 'stay logged in' selected. In the office this morning it's logged out!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrcoluk
Grafter

Interestingly I am not logged out on my desktop, after this been left alone for several hours.

So I dont think is a blanket session expiry, there looks like there is other things at play, maybe related to ip address or browser identification.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

I'm getting random behaviour on my phone and desktop. Sometimes logged out on one, sometimes both sometimes not at all.

Why can I stay logged into gmail indefinitely along with Twitter but plusnet suddenly decide it's unsafe after all these years of indefinite login with the old SMF forum? Seriously what is this really going to do other than annoy users and start to slowly deter them / us from posting?

Nearly 12k posts and nearly 10 years of membership and now I'm being told I'm some sort of security risk?

This is laughable. Come on plusnet, get this one right please.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

it managed to stay logged in between the uk / holland / denmark with bouts of the phone being in flight mode. Then in Sweden it's getting logged out a few times. Odd doesn't describe it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I think other things are at play, I'm not sure exactly what. I meant to come back here yesterday and add some further experience - I logged in with my Samsung mobile via wifi, late in the evening of the 8th and left it overnight. A couple of times in the night the wifi connection was disconnected, but when I reconnected I was still logged in no problem. I can also stay logged in OK for hours on my PC. The only time I[ve seen an issue on the PC is when I've started a reply and left it, then there seems to be a session time-out and I get an authentication issue if I the try to post - like I've just had because I started this post ~3 hours ago Shocked Grin

PS. gmail does sometimes kick one off when there's no activity, not often but it does happen. Same with Yahoo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no issues logging in on iPad or Desktop, in fact since the forum relaunched I've only logged on once on the iPad and twice on the desktop as I fat fingered the 'Stay logged in' option. I only use my iPad at night so there is at least 23+ hours between uses on that.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Logged out on my laptop for the first time, less than 10 minutes after last usage.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'