BUGett: PM edit screen pinch and zoom defeat

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

BUGett: PM edit screen pinch and zoom defeat

@jaread83,

Hi Jack,

FYI - Start a PM - pinch and zoom work as normal - click insert link - cancle - pinch and zoom now defeated.

Surprised that opening and closing a sub dialogue clobbers the viewport meta data.  Seen on iPad with Safari (yes I know your gonna groan).

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

9 REPLIES 9
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: BUGett: PM edit screen pinch and zoom defeat

Thanks for letting me know Kevin. I will look into this when I get back on the 9th Smiley

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just been testing this with my iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPhone 5 and Retina iPad - all running latest version of iOS and I am unable to replicate the issue. Started creating a PM, went to link some text, clicked cancel on popup box, could still pinch and zoom on all devices afterwards. So I can't replicate this issue... hmmm..

What iPad are you using?

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Jack,
Yes, well, indeed!  On reviewing your results...

iPad Mini 2 A1489 + iOS 10.22 = OK

iPad 2 A1395 + iOS 9.3.5 = !OK

On close examination, the PnZ breaks when the link box is displayed.  I guess you can chalk this one up to "your favourite browser"?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I will be able to test the iPad 2 tomorrow morning when I get back into the office. Might not be able to emulate the same OS version but I will see.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately I am unable to test as the only version of iOS I have available to me is iOS 10.2 on any of my test devices.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jack - does that mean you have no iPad 2?  That is one with the big connector?

iOS was only released to iDevices having lightening connectors. 9.3.5 is the most recent iOS for mk2 iPads.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I don't have that version of the iPad to test on unfortunately. I can only test on the latest version of iOS via emulation on my Mac using Apples own xcode.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83,

Ah - Apple's enforced obsolescence of otherwise not broken kit! Ticked_off

Apple not providing (retaining) developer access to previous versions of iOS to allow investigation of issues in circumstances where they have refused to release their current versions seems overly harsh, leaving developers who want to help their users up a creak without a paddle.

As ever, you did try!  Thank you! Thumbs_Up

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

My sentiments exactly @Townman. I was in a similar situation with a Mac Mini that was the 2007 model (I think) and nothing worked on it as software required a specific version of OSX or above... this mac Mini would not let you install even the minimum OS required for most software to run on it.