cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

@shutter

The frequency of the pop-ups seems to be only affecting you, making it look like the issue is something specific to your computer.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@ejs  If you say so...... then you must know what it is............ Huh

ejs
Aspiring Hero

No, I have no idea what other people do to their computers, what software they install to mess up everything etc.

A more pragmatic approach may be to investigate why only you are afflicted with this problem, rather than demand some other software that appears to work OK for the vast majority is changed to suit you.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Another thing worth bearing in mind is that cookies have an expiration date.

I deleted the relevant cookie and played around until the survey reappeared as expected and noted the expiration date of the newly created cookie - 12th Jan '18 (90 days from now)

I don't expect to see the survey appear again until then unless the cookie gets deleted somehow.

shutter
Community Veteran

@ejs wrote:

No, I have no idea what other people do to their computers, what software they install to mess up everything etc.

A more pragmatic approach may be to investigate why only you are afflicted with this problem, rather than demand some other software that appears to work OK for the vast majority is changed to suit you.

presumably you have not read reply number 5 and the associated links on there....

and also reply number 29....

Thus... indicating that I am not the only one, as you put it.. afflicted with this problem...

I have repeated said... NO THANKYOU... and I am still being harassed and bullied into taking the survey.

On that note... Presumably you have taken the survey and do not get further harassment   ? ? ?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

As a point of interest, I got the pop-up last week, said 'no thanks' and haven't been bothered since. No help to you @shutter, I know, but I'm now wondering why you have this aggro.

John
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Is there no admin setting a mod or admin that could turn this off from your account.
Mind you this is Lithium so anything is possible.

I personally would like a disable mobile mode. If that ever gets released feel free to sign me up for that.

shutter
Community Veteran

@jab1 wrote:

I'm now wondering why you have this aggro.

Yeah.... me too... hence the post  ! ! !  Roll_eyes

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I suspect this is really simple. Iirc we were advised that the cookie is IP address predicated. Therefore if a user has a dynamic IP address ... and they (for whatever reason) repeatedly reconnect they'll have a different IP address and no cookie for that address.

Whatever this really does not amount to a hill of beans.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Townman wrote:
Whatever this really does not amount to a hill of beans.

Yes you're right. It's just another annoyance in a long list of annoyances when surfing the internet.

But it's an annoyance you expect on dubious shyster sites not on the plusnet site.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

ejs
Aspiring Hero

My WAN IP address usually changes every few days, yet I've hardly ever seen the survey popup. I've seen it once recently, and it's long enough ago that I can't remember when I last saw it before that.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I use Cleaner on my desktop every week , i like things clean Thumbs_Up 

But TBH i see the pop up more on the mobile than the here ? odd

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ejs
Aspiring Hero

So it's the people who manage to have a problem with pretty much everything who will somehow manage to have a problem with the survey pop-up. There's probably some "cleaning" app you can find to mess with your smartphone too.

shutter
Community Veteran

OK... So... it seems that @ejs and others responding in here, are blaming the use of CCLEANER>... ok you clever clogs... I shut down last night, and have NOT used ccleaner for about 3 days now...  and yesterday I saw this popup four times... and again this morning twice... on all occasions I said NO THANKS...  so how is it you blame CCLEANER   users that don`t use it  ? ? ? 

I say it again... Once I have said... NO Thanks... it should be remembered by the popup.... as in the similarity to "on streeet" survey people.... tell them once, and they leave you alone... or they are harassing you .... if they continue... then they are bullying ... what is so different about PlusNet survey  ? ?