cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

@billnotben wrote:

@ejs wrote:

don't think any default web browser settings are that bad.

Not bad as far as usability goes but default settings are usually what internet nasties are built to take advantage of.

Likewise no one would recommend that all your various devices be left with default passwords.

Default passwords and default browser preferences are in no way comparable. I don't really think it's the settings themselves that are a problem exploited by "Internet nasties", although sometimes there will be a bug in some feature that can be avoided by turning off the feature until the bug is fixed in an update.

@billnotben wrote:

And how they weigh up customer annoyance against any alleged or imagined benefits.

For the vast majority there is very little annoyance. The few who are plagued by the pop-up don't appear to be interested in investigating why it's only them who keep seeing it.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Honestly I don't know why we are calling this popup a "survey". A few vague questions.

I personally believe this "survey" and others like it are no more than a sop. A psychological tool aimed at convincing customers / users that their opinion / input matters and is wanted.

To put it plainly a load of baloney.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

yes Thumbs_Up @billnotben  and every time i see it , i give the most negative answers possible Wink

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I don't see the point personally, this is why we have a Community Site Feedback forum after all.

The feedback now is then people are not happy with being forced to give feedback.

If they're on these forums anyway, then they can easily put a post on here.

I can understand companies want feedback, many do. Especially when you ring a CS number and it asks you how the call went.

The cynical part of me, thinks it is used as an employee rating system and the ones with highest scores get better bonuses and pay rises Smiley

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Alex wrote:

I don't see the point personally, this is why we have a Community Site Feedback forum after all.

The feedback now is then people are not happy with being forced to give feedback.

Hi Alex, We'll listen to the feedback that you've provided, However I cannot see how clicking no and (assuming cookies are enabled and not deleted when you close the browser) not seeing the message again for several weeks can be a problem.

I can understand want feedback, many do. Especially when you ring a CS number and it asks you how the call went.

The cynical part of me, thinks it is used as an employee rating system and the ones with highest scores get better bonuses and pay rises Smiley

We don't bonus our staff or pay them extra for receiving good feedback, we simply give them a pat on the back, try to understand what they did well and try to train our other team members to replicate.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Alex
Community Veteran

I wasn't implying PlusNet do.

Just I suspect other companies do, as it is a reflection on performance.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

TBH i cannot understand , whats the point of a feedback survey on a feedback forum ?  Which Bright spark thought of that Crazy2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@rongtw

The same bright spark that has plenty of time on their hands and nothing else to do.

Perhaps PN should identify that person(s) and having done so put them to work on the long list of issues that constantly appear on the forums.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@gleneagles wrote:

put them to work

You mean like having a pop up appear on their PC's with "how are you at answering phones" on it.

Alex
Community Veteran

I made this comment before, not funny at the time but the one that makes me laugh is:

I rung ISP as your broadband is down.

Automated system says "Did you know you can go on-line and do ...". Basically because the company doesn't want to tie up their CS and for you to do it yourself.

But if your BB is down how do I go on-line, hence why I am calling you Roll_eyes

(Yes ok Data Thethering on your mobile is one option, but I still needed the problem fixed). Oh well Smiley

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.

Nothing useful is being added and thread is now going off topic.

‘Tis locked
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'