cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

Just logged on.... after a couple of hours away... clicked on "No Thanks" first thng this moring... and 2 seconds after posting my previous.... up pops this annoying, bullying harassment.  again...

shutter
Community Veteran

@Oldjim wrote:

to make things happen..  and to improve the whole "experience" of all the Community Site users..

except it won't as most - the vast majority including me - don't have your problem

@Oldjim And you know this because the majority accept this ridiculous piece of programming.. 

I whinged about the Live Chat being disabled, ( in favour of "the vast majority)... as I, and a few others are in a minority group... ( hard of hearing/deaf users )... and it got something done..... so why do you say nothing will happen...

Just because you are in "the vast majority"... does not make it "alright" for "the minority" to suffer in silence"...  

It seems that @jaread83 has already taken note of this whinge... and I am presuming is going to proceed in a positive manner to try and get it sorted out...

Like I said... this is a "community site FEEDBACK" board... and therefore one would expect such feedback would be actioned accordingly .

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Do you have another device, such as a phone you can try it out on?

If it doesn't happen on there, then it would suggest it may be local to your computer.
If it still does then it may suggest it is account related.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Alex Sorry for the delay in answering.... had to shut down the computer to bath the dog.... !.. just logged on again... and was going to reply to you,...but got bullied and harassed again.... second time today...

No.. I don`t have another device.... but it is not only happening to me.... there is a silent majority, or minority, if you go by @Oldjim  `s customer count, that it is also happening to... as @jaread83  has already intimated in his post, it is something to do with the way this popup is programmed... and I will keep on repeating... once I have said "No Thankyou"... it should mean.... NO THANKYOU..  forever....  and I will also repeat....

What is the point of asking .... if the popup program does not recognise the answer....

It can recognise the " YES PLEASE"   and deliver the survey...

so why can`t it recognise the answer "No Thank you" and desist from asking again

and again and again and again and again and again and again and agin and again and again and again

asking again and again and again and again and again and again and again and agin and again and again

and again  asking again and again and again and again and again and again and again and agin and again

and again and again  asking again and again and again and again and again and again and again and agin

and again and again and again  asking again and again and again and again and again and again and again

and agin and again and again and again  asking again and again and again and again and again and again

and again and agin and again and again and again  asking again and again and again and again and again

and again and again and agin and again and again and again  asking again and again and again and again

and again and again and again and agin and again and again and again  asking again and again and again

and again and again and again and again and agin and again and again and again 

if you get my drift  ?

shutter
Community Veteran

@jaread83 Reading through your post... I note that you have been intouch with Lithium about this annoying popup...

Whilst I appreciate, it is something you can do little about, immediately, but I wonder how long, if ever, before it actually ceases due to Lithium doing somemthing about it..  You say, that the cookie expires after 3 months.... but you do not say, when the 3 months starts from >>>  would that be three months from the start of the survey, or three months from the last time the cookie was put on someone`s computer          i.e. every time the survey pops up...         ? 

A lot of difference between those two...

I wonder if it would help, if all those afflicted, sent you a PM. everytime it appeared on screen after clicking No Thankyou... with the following wording...

This is to inform you that I am still being harassed and bullied by the Annoying Plusnet Survey popup, despite clicking the "No Thankyou" button" many times....

If you would like receive further PM`s  regarding this matter please return the PM with the words  ....

Yes Please,  

If you prefer not to take part.... Please return the PM with the words    

No Thankyou...

On receipt of either PM... the user will then wait until the next appearance and still send you PM`s about it....  regardless of your choice....

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Harassment is receiving an email notification of this post made 8 hours ago Grin

harassment.PNG

shutter
Community Veteran

@Browni  Wasn`t me..... honest, guv ! ... Cheesy

Browni
Aspiring Hero

It's not you this time!

I received this at 21:38pm

Hi Browni,

shutter (Community Veteran) posted a new reply in Community Site Feedback on 17-10-2017 1:19 PM :

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Very odd @Browni  I was getting alerts from the Forum about a minute after posting all day yesterday, so this message must have got stuck in a queue somewhere.  Interesting to look at the mail header to find out just where the delay occurred..

No prize awarded if your first guess is correct.  Angel

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

No surprises there @MauriceC

lithiummaildelay2.PNG

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

GrinGrin   Another one for @jaread83 to add to his list of Lithium imponderables 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What the hell is the matter with this [-Censored-] survey now ?

I just came to browse the forum, and now EVERY PAGE I open shows this -

Plusnet survey.jpg

This is just taking the [-Censored-] now, literally EVERY forum topic I try to read has this survey in front of it !

Even opening multiple (different) topics in separate browser tabs, every tab has this [-Censored-] survey, stopping me from reading anything !

It says "Tell us what you think" !, 

we have told you Plusnet "what we think" but AS USUAL has done NOTHING !

Plusnet clearly don't actually care what we think, so just disable this [-Censored-] survey !  NOW ! 

Maybe "No Thanks" needs expressing in a different way ?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Image containing swear word removed.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed personal attack on staff member

Anonymous
Not applicable

And just to really annoy me, having POSTed the above reply, guess what ? THE SURVEY POPPED UP OVER IT !

JUST GO AWAY - I'VE HAD ENOUGH !!!!  Knuppel

Anonymous
Not applicable

AND AGAIN !

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@shutter at least we know now  its not just you Thumbs_Up

looks like Lithium has struck again Angry

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .