cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

@MauriceC wrote:

judicious use of the 'Custom' option should achieve a result.

So... heeding your advice, in the scenario I previously posted re street survey personnel.... "judicious use of the "custom" option.... ( a kick in the gonads ). should achieve a result... ? ? ?  

Surely "No Thanks" is much more polite, and should achieve the result, without resorting to the "custom option". 

shutter
Community Veteran

And YEA... I have just restarted Firefox, after doing the changes previously described by @rongtw   and lo and behold...

Being harassed and bullied again...

So much for the "custom approach"...    Angry

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@Anonymous

I don't think your solution works if you accept all the cookies, then they get automatically deleted later.

shutter
Community Veteran

The only solution that will work, ( more than probably )...  is the correctly written programming approach... of remembering that NO means NO...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@shutter  another option is Plusnet not to bother with any Site surveys Cool 

I always answer them with worse possible answer available anyhow  Cheesy  they dont give any correct feed back to plusnet except most people ignore tham

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shutter wrote:

another way to stop it, ( maybe ) is to answer yes, and go through the survey...

The reason I ended up posting in this topic is that answering YES doesn't make it go away either !

I NEVER delete ANY cookies, but when I visit the Plusnet community the stupid survey VERY frequently appears.

I DO answer YES and go through the survey and express my opinion on how useless Plusnet has become, in the hope that just once something will be done to stop the ongoing deterioration, BUT when I get to the end the survey, it simply restarts (back to the first question) and won't exit, but will continue through all the questions until the end at which point it starts all over again. 

I don't know whether my comments have been registered or not, as I am back at the start, so I presume my opinion doesn't matter to Plusnet !.  The only way do get out of the survey is to close the window.  Subsequently revisiting the community (on the same day) is unlikely to cause a recurrence of the survey appearing, but it will appear again in just a few days.

Useless programming, incompetent Plusnet web developers, and no it isn't Lithiums fault - YOU Plusnet should have chosen a forum platform that works !

ejs
Aspiring Hero

@shutter wrote:

The only solution that will work, ( more than probably )...  is the correctly written programming approach... of remembering that NO means NO...

The problem is with the implementation of the remembering. I think it's cheaper and easier to remember it by storing a small piece of information (cookie) on your computer rather than in some database on a server somewhere else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ejs wrote:

I think it's cheaper and easier to remember it by storing a small piece of information (cookie) on your computer rather than in some database on a server somewhere else.

I don't care whether it is easier or cheaper, I visit this community forum from at least eight different PCs, and it is a bloody nightmare each machine separately remembering what you last did (only on that machine !).

I want to move between different PCs and pick up from whatever I last did on the forum, not what I last did on that machine.

Cookies are useless, and all interactions on this forum need to be held centrally, so continuity can be maintained !.

ejs
Aspiring Hero

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't care whether it is easier or cheaper

That's fine, you can pay for a new forum system that's acceptable to you then.

shutter
Community Veteran

@ejs wrote:

@shutter wrote:

The problem is with the implementation of the remembering. I think it's cheaper and easier to remember it by storing a small piece of information (cookie) on your computer rather than in some database on a server somewhere else.

You see.... laziness..... expect the user to do the work .... and get paid for as little programming expertise as possible.... c`mon ejs... proper programming would eliminate the problem.... but  you won`t admit that... instead...you are blaming the end user for the repeated harassment and bullying...

I said NO.   and I mean NO.... stop harassing me... 

What is the point of asking me ..... and me giving a NO response.... might just as well not bother putting up the question in the first place... and just put up the survey... written in such a way, as it will not disappear from the screen until the survey has been completed... and then will re-appear the next time you log on... ad infinitum....

NO... means NO...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ejs wrote:

That's fine, you can pay for a new forum system that's acceptable to you then.

Even if I did, I wouldn't be around long enough to make use of it.

I am starting my phone line migration to my next ISP in the coming week, and then my broadband follows after Christmas.

I have given Plusnet more than enough time to resolve their problems and "give us time" or "it's the supplier" excuses.

Cry

ejs
Aspiring Hero

Saying something along the lines of:

If things had been designed differently such that we wouldn't have had this problem, then we wouldn't have this problem.

is of course technically true on some level, but it seems a rather pointless statement. If the problem had never existed then I wouldn't have wasted so much time reading circular definitions of "no". But I would have wasted my time in some other equally unproductive way, so nothing really matters anyway.

People complained about the old forums, they'll complain about the current forums, they'll be complaining about whatever system there is to complain on forever. The only winning move is to not use the forums.

Mav
Fixes: 515

@ejs wrote:

The only winning move is to not use the forums.

Then what will us mods doCheesy?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

Answering surveys about where has everyone gone ?

shutter
Community Veteran

@ejs having spent, and wasted, so much of your time, trying to blame the end user for not solving the problem,... Your latest post totally ignores two points ( conveniently ) that I made in my last post....  number 70

viz....

. c`mon ejs... proper programming would eliminate the problem.... but  you won`t admit that...

.What is the point of asking me ..... and me giving a NO response..might just as well not bother putting up the question in the first place... and just put up the survey... written in such a way, as it will not disappear from the screen until the survey has been completed... and then will re-appear the next time you log on... ad infinitum....

I wonder why...... or perhaps not.... it must be because you cannot answer either point, without "losing face"...(as the chinese would say) .