cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Attn :- Superuser group - Annoying Pop-up amounting to harassment.

@Mav

@Mav wrote:

Bullied and harassed - is that not a bit strong

NO... If someone kept coming up to you in the street, and tried the same tactics to get a survey done, every time you turned a corner, or came out of a shop... you would consider that to be "harassment"... and by the very nature of me/you saying  ( Politey. ) No Thankyou....  that person continues, then it amounts to bullying....

so.. NO.. it is not "a bit strong" any more than the persistent popup being "strong"  towards me

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

Mav
Fixes: 515

@shutter

But this is a virtual world and far removed from someone physically following you around and becoming a nuisance.

I agree it can be annoying I just feel that 'bullied and harassed' is perhaps a bit too strong a description for it.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran

@MavErm.... Methinks, that, "in the virtual world".... there are rules, ( as writ for PlusNet forum) .. that do not allow harassment and bullying, ... and indeed,.... online bullying and harassment are a real world crime.

As for someone physically following me around...   YES.. it is exactly the same.... every time I log on.. or change a page, here comes that survey again.... exactly like I previously described....

I have said this before.... and I will say it again.... NO THANK YOU.. I don`t want to answer your stupid questions..

Once I have clicked on that. then I should not see the survey popup again... it is in your own words,... VIRTUAL BULLYING and VIRTUAL HARASSMENT... if it continues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thought have  the box ticked in browsing history

Tools

Browsing History

Box ticked in Delete Browsing History on Exit

If it is nothing is saved  

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

That's possible I guess, depends on whether that option deletes not just the history, but cookies as well.
It may do.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Anonymous yup !... that has been done from years and years ago ! ! !... doesn`t make any difference to the number of times per day that the pop up appears... despite saying   " NO THANKS"..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive just looked with the box ticked it deletes

Temporay Files History

Cookies

Web form inormation

Have you tried unticking the box to see if that solves the problem.

I like to have everything removed

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it helps users of Windows 10

In the box at bottom left hand corner Type here to search  type Browsing history

The control panel comes up

shutter
Community Veteran

@Anonymous  the only way to solve  "the problem"... is for the script writers to write sensible programming, so that when you have clicked on "No Thanks".... it remembers that you don`t want to take part in the survey...

The way it is written at the moment, shows utter laziness, and , I suspect, an inablity to do good programming. 

( no,   I can`t do programming... but hey,.... I`m still entitled to criticise someone who does it for a living, and makes a hash of it )....

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It does work that way but you keep on deleting the cookie that remembers your choice Grin
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

• But if he didn't he'd then have to find something else to whinge on about  Wink

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Browni wrote:
It does work that way but you keep on deleting the cookie that remembers your choice Grin

Oh dear... seems like some people only read the latest post on threads.... as mentioned a couple of times... I have not used ccleaner since I logged on this morning... In fact... I think, I last used it a couple of days ago...so no cookies have been deleted/removed... yet I have had this popup 4 times today.  

The fact of the matter is.... if you say ...   "No Thanks"... then the program should recognise it, otherwise there is no point in having that choice.. would you agree with that  ? ? 

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I've read the full thread and never mentioned ccleaner. Something you are doing is removing the cookie that remembers your choice.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Browni wrote:
Something you are doing is removing the cookie that remembers your choice.

My cookie is untouched so why did I get a couple of popups yesterday?

Ultimately it should be something at the popups end that does the remembering.

Otherwise the popup risks becoming just a pointless wind up.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Browni at the risk of sounding repetitive,   I have NOT done anything with cookies.. for at least two days...

@billnotben is in agreement, with me,  that it should be the popup program that remembers my choice.  Poorly written programming is no excuse. it is just laziness and downright annoying..  it is also tantamount to Harassment, and Bullying, by Plusnet, ( even though they did not write the software ... they are paying for it... so they should be doing something about it. )..