Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying Pop Up Tell us how you think

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Annoying Pop Up Tell us how you think

Subject says it all, please stop it, its only to give marketeers a reason for their existence

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Annoying Pop Up Tell us how you think

@dws1900 - As a user that never stores cookies I see this more than most and I too have questioned it. But unless you look good in purple, don't hold your breath over this.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Plusnet Feedback to Community Site Feedback 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I also have my browser set to automatically delete cookies so am heartily sick of both this and the GDPR click boxes every time I log in.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Baldrick1

Hi

I think cookies is part of the issue as when you don't delete one for PN then you don't seem to get the pop-up.

Maplin were as bad, and IMSO these things turn people off.

AFAIK they are really hard to block as they are embedded in some weird horrible javascript, and usually the address is on the very host you want to use.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I should start banging my head against walls, and then demanding everyone makes their walls softer, because my head hurts.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Love the analogy @ejs Grin   I'm not even clear what information marketing believe they get from the pop up?

The question is static and has been since its inception, so when it does pop up I just rattle a few keys and press enter.  Perhaps PN have invested in some some new AI technology which can interpret my mood from the random key presses.  Azn

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Ratting the jets and pressing enter is not going to address the consequences of aggressive cookie crunching.

Cookies support rich functionality - crunch them and you can get a detrimental experience.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.