cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding pics to a post... Not working properly.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Adding pics to a post... Not working properly.

I have just made a post in General Chat... called  "Heavens Light Our Guide"... and wanted to attach 4 pics ... unfortunately, the system has failed... as I had to Edit  the post 4 times to attach each pic separately... due to there being only ONE OPTION to "Browse"..

Not facility for adding further pics...

16 REPLIES 16
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Adding pics to a post... Not working properly.

That's odd. The settings for the community look fine and there should be an option to add multiple files. But when trying to upload multiple files it no longer gives me the option to do so!

I will need to raise a support ticket with Lithium to look into this. Thanks for letting me know.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Mav
Fixes: 514

@shutter

If the pictures are all in the same folder you can use CTRL-Click to select multiples then post. I think there is a limit to the number but can't remember what that is off-hand.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran

@Mav  Which might work if the numbers are consequetive..  originally, there was an option to "browse" for a total of 7  ( i think ).. hence my post about it... jaread has responded that Lithium needs to do some work ...

Mav

Not sure why the numbers (I assume you mean filenames) should be consecutive?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Seems fine here. Whenever I add a picture a new button appears allowing me to add more (see 3rd image below)

1122lithiumimagepicker.PNG

Mav

@Browni

I think shutter was referring to the use of the Browse button under the text entry box rather than the use of the Insert Photos button above.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Ah... I never use that one!
shutter
Community Veteran

@Mav

@Browni

You are correct Mav... ! Smiley

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It would seem that the attachment functionality has been updated at some point by Lithiums software upgrade. As mentioned above (but not worded clearly) now you can only select multiple files if they are in the same folder on your system. To add more, you have to submit the post and then edit it again to add others. As someone who deals in user journeys and usability best practices.. this is a very strange and backwards way of doing it. It was fine before!

The ability to delete files before submitting has also been removed for some reason.

I have written an email listing all of the things wrong with this new functionality to the Lithium engineer I have been in contact with about this. I feel that this particular upgrade is a bit more like a downgrade. I agree that it's neater in design but it isn't practical. It has also messed up my 'file attachment limits' module I created and pushed it down the page as it can't find the original container it used to be in.

Thanks for pointing this out @shutter, I am not happy about these changes either.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@shutter, you mentioned consecutive ordered files. Are you using your mouse to click and drag a box around files to select multiple files to upload? Or holding down shift to select files between two points?

If you want to upload files that are NOT in consecutive order, hold down the CTRL button on your keyboard and left clicking files to attach. This way you can choose files and they don't have to be next to each other.

shutter
Community Veteran

OK... Thanks for your efforts... lets hope that the guy can see some sense in what you are telling him... maybe he is a "learner"... and hoping to "impress" his peers, with his restyling... aka downgrading.. pretending it is an improvement.and then reverting back which would give him more kudos improving his improvement... !

I wasn`t trying to do multiple uploads in one shot... just thought that "may" have been a way around it...  I was expecting the "browse" facility to work... and was surprised, and annoyed that it wasn`t ... hence my post

For now... I will be using the "repeated" post manouvre... to add more than one file pic..... !

shutter
Community Veteran

Three weeks since original post....... two weeks since my last input....

and it`s still the same.... only a "single use" option on the Browse button...

Ah well.....

Give us time............ we`ll get there......  

same old..... same old....  don`t answer it, and it will go away.. and we can get on with our tea break... or whatever.....

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@shutter, there isn't much we can do about it this. It was a change in the software that is controlled by Lithium. I flagged it up with them that it wasn't a good change at all, they told me it got changed but will put my concerns over to the dev team that implemented it (I also posted on their forums in multiple places too) but that's all we can really do at this point.

For images you should try using the normal media manager, the attachments are better suited to uploading files that are not images like word documents, PDFs etc.