Did you mean: 

Adding attachments to a post using a iPhone

FIXED
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Adding attachments to a post using a iPhone

Is it possible?

Reason I ask is I am trying to look for a way of doing it to my FTTP thread but can't find a way. The forum software helpfully gives you a notification on "File attachment limits" which is quite irrelevant given you can't seem to add anything.

Rather akin to a supermarket being quite strict on an offer saying "Only 2 per customer" when the shelf is empty?

The good old Lithium forum software, how much QA testing didn't it have?

At least using this good old software on a phone I don't have to ignore the Feedback tab on the right, so it is not all bad.

But when I try and create a serious post it is annoying when I can't add an attachment.

Sorry for my moaning and if it is something obvious I have missed then I apologise.
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Adding attachments to a post using a iPhone

Fix

Yeah it is possible, but you’ll need to first put the site into desktop mode by clicking on the AA icon in the address bar, then the “Request Desktop Website” button like below. Once the page has reloaded, you should see an option to add an attachment when creating a post. Smiley

1F06A357-B3FE-4817-8F02-F3661607A1F2.png

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks @Gandalf I will give it a go now.

Sorry for my earlier posts, just house move stress.
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks @Gandalf 

After a bit of messing around, that worked and I got the image added to my other thread.

I am useless at typing and trying to use a phone to do anything serious 🙂

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Alex wrote:
The good old Lithium forum software, how much QA testing didn't it have?
Sorry for my moaning and if it is something obvious I have missed then I apologise.

In this area quite a bit during the pre-release trails.  The full editor was found to be somewhat unusable on phones (I tested on an iPhone) and thus the full editor was stripped out.  Seems that the bit referring to attachment limits got left behind!  @jaread83 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.