cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Community site for non-PN users?

henderson1977
Grafter

Access to Community site for non-PN users?

Hi all
I have been a PlusNet user for nearly 4 years and enjoy the great advice from the community bright sparks and experts on a number of topics.  So much so, I've submitted the odd post on behalf of a work colleague or friend over the years who may otherwise be struggling to find the answer/advice elsewhere. 
They ask whether there's anyway they can become members of the Community site so they can submit posts without having to become a PlusNet user.  Is this possible please?
Thanks
Scott
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Access to Community site for non-PN users?

The easiest solution might be for them to become a Plusnet customer by signing up for a Standard PAYG Dial-up account here. I'm not sure whether there is a requirement to access the account (e.g. check email) from time to time to keep it live.
Once they have a username they should be able to register on Community.
David
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That needs checking by the more knowledgeable but I thought they only had access to the dialup users bit which was removed in the October '08 reorganisation
zubel
Community Veteran

No, dial-up users have full access to the forum.
However, this is something that we can review on a case-by-case basis if anyone does register with a dial-up account for the purposes of causing trouble, for example Smiley
B.