Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to change font colour on thread font

FIXED
darkgen
Grafter

Ability to change font colour on thread font

Apologies if this is now covered.
Do we have the ability change the thread font colour from pink/purple to black or more distinguishable colour? (this goes for the pink/purple font against the grey background).
For someone with poor vision and slight colour blindness I'm having to work my eyes overtime to focus my way around the forum thread topics and above forum shortcut links (eg. Home >> Forum >> Community > ..)
Thanks, Paul.
16 REPLIES 16
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Ability to change font colour on thread font

PlusNet are currently working on making the community site more theme-friendly, so that in the future when their work is completed, users will be able to choose from a variety of themes. I have one half-complete which is a high-resolution, black and white theme for those with impaired vision. I'll be giving it over to PlusNet when their work is finished, and when I finish the theme.
darkgen
Grafter

Thanks for the response Mike, not a moment too soon in my view.
I'm somewhat perplexed this was not taken into account considering accessability is an apparent legal obligation these days (under the DDA) when this new design was introduced (especially so as the previous design (forums) catered so adequately).
Cheers, Paul.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

There's been many discussions regarding accessibility here, so lets not start another Tongue Basically what it boils down to is that the Disability Discrimination Act requires that accessibility measures are met to the best of their ability. Because the forum software was not developed by PlusNet, then it was outwith their abilities to provide such changes without massive changes to the forum software coding.
Have you considered using Mozilla Firefox, and then defining your own, custom stylesheet for the community site?
darkgen
Grafter

Ahhh I've not, no.
I'll take a peek, thanks.
Regarding another discussion, fair enough, I do wonder what was wrong with the previous forum software though? Not to mention the glaring oversight on both the software developers and pn's part for not considering accessability measures.
But anyways thanks, Paul.
darkgen
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
The Community site is currently being completely redesigned and part of the spec is changing the Community Site to use CSS only- this will make it much user to skin and allow each user to chose their own theme.
See here

Out of interest, will this also include a set of pre-defined themes etc which will cater for accessability?
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Quote from: darkgen
Out of interest, will this also include a set of pre-defined themes etc which will cater for accessability?

I'm not too sure of there being multiple themes catering specifically for accessability being available from the offset, but like I said I have one which should be ready/close to ready to coincide with the changes. They should be able to have this implemented ready for the new design rollout (depending on when my theme gets tested by PlusNet). However, once the system is in place, I feel it may lead to others creating some themes to be offered on the community site, thus including more themes catered for accessability.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Google Chrome

(There may be similar extensions for other browsers)

Add & Enable Font Changer

Use Custom Settings

Here are some examples.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

Arial NormalArial BoldArial Black

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@darkgen wrote:
I do wonder what was wrong with the previous forum software though? Not to mention the glaring oversight on both the software developers and pn's part for not considering accessability measures.

Just to say, it was mentioned to Plusnet before implementation about DDA aspects, and it was considered, and as has been mentioned, it is being looked at.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Anonymous wrote:

Arial NormalArial BoldArial Black

OK... another question...   Where do I find this  ?     Been through my "preferences" etc.. but cant find it anywhere.

Anotherone
Champion

It's a Chrome or Firefox/Mozilla add-on. There should be such things for most browsers. I haven't got it or looked myself yet (never had the need) but I will tonight and if I find it I'll post. This is a very old thread mind picked up by Infinity today.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chrome:

Download, Add & Enable Theme Font & Size Changer

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/

(There may be similar extensions for other browsers)

Firefox, Try

http://barisderin.com/?p=516

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Thanks for the linky... but the one suggested for Firefox only does the Firefox headline/tool bar and address bar... it doesn`t change the text in any way on here.... 

Anotherone
Champion

@shutter

Bob Pullen suggested Stylish which I haven't checked out yet.