cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

Attempting to post here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Time-to-move-on/m-p/1529428#M81017 (I guess that is not specifically relevant), I tried to tag @Gleneagles however...

Typing @glene brought up their name and clicking on it put a purple @Gleneagles link tag, but on typing any succeeding character, the linked tag reverted to plain text (just as here).

@jaread83 any ideas please Jack?  Specifically tagged you to show that otherwise tagging works!!  Seems like something specific to that user's tag reference.

Note in my reply to the above, I switched into HTML immediately having got the tag link.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

4 REPLIES 4
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

@Townman wrote:

@Typing @glene brought up their name and clicking on it put a purple @gleneagles link tag, but on typing any succeeding character, the linked tag reverted to plain text (just as here).

@just curious to see how that worked 😕  @gleneagles  How extraordinary. At first the link tag appeared only after @glenea , but next try it appeared after @glene. *both* times it reverted to plain text as soon as any character was typed after @gleneagles .

let me try that again. @gleneagles Don't know, only that it makes the G a capital when it loses the tag (and, dually, worked fine [here] when switching to html as soon as the tag generated).

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Just goes to show what a awkward customer I am.

Wink

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Mav
Fixes: 515

I tried the same as the OP and it worked as it should (FF56).

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Thanks Mike,

Would be odd if we are looking at a browser specific issue - one would then have to ask why just Glenegales tag?

I’m on Win10 Edge.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.