Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Strange thing happened to my Avatar

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

A Strange thing happened to my Avatar

Well I wasn't sure where to post this, but I would have come here anyway if I hadn't discovered what the problem was as it seemed like a Forum Avatar fault. I was looking at another thread  and then when I later refreshed the thread containing my last post, the thread initially displayed incorrectly and had to be refreshed again, after which my Avatar seemed to have changed. This also seemed to be the case when I looked at my profile.
I don't know if anyone else has looked at any threads with a post of  mine any time between about 0930 and 0955 and saw a different Avatar from normal - I suspect not - primarily as this turned out to be a Firefox 14.0.1 Cache gremlin. Cleared the Cache and all returned to normal.
During my "investigation" I'd tried closing all forum pages and starting again, Logging off the Forum and Logging in again, Closing and re-opening the browser. The strange thing was that on visiting the Blogs page, my correct Avatar was showing at the bottom of the page. Why did I specifically go to the Blogs page you may wonder - well my Avatar had changed to the Blogs tab text in each of the 3 colours it can be, stacked on top of one another. (Red when you're on the page, blue when you hover over the tab & black when on another tab). Very strange.
9 REPLIES 9
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: A Strange thing happened to my Avatar

I've just visited the Blogs page and there, at the bottom of the page are two of my avatars side by side Undecided
Not sure if that's normal but it's very disconcerting.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion

Yes I get that as well  Wink have done for ages - not related to my OP oddity though. I assume that has something to do with a bug in the Forum software Roll_eyes as I also get it with IE8 and have had with many FF versions.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Thanks Anotherone, I don't frequent the bottom of the blog page so hadn't really noticed it before.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I've just visited the Blogs page and there, at the bottom of the page are two of my avatars side by side Undecided
Not sure if that's normal but it's very disconcerting.

Yeah, that's perfectly normal.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

It's bug from when we upgraded Wordpress to a later version earlier in the year.

I blame Colin O.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
avatastic
Grafter

You upgraded wordpress?!
I say you should be forced to run it on the ccgi environment!
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Anotherone
Champion

NIce bit of buck passing, poor Colin O. So when are you or he going to update SMF so we can see the back of some of the other bugs  Grin
csogilvie
Grafter

Errr, how can it be my fault if I wasn't there when you upgraded it Tongue
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Obviously your fault then as if you had been there it would have been done right  Roll_eyes