cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

mitchell20
Grafter

Re: VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

'Let's look at it another way then. The failure rate of card payers *far* exceeds that of our Direct Debit payers. The transaction failure rate for Direct Debit averages about 1.5%. The failure rate of card transactions is about 12%. I needed tell you that repeat transactions cost us more money.'
Check my account and show me when in the last 6 years, you have had a failed card payment on my account?Huh
I'll save you the time - NEVER, so don't use that excuse.
Typical PN attitude 'Oh I don't understand why people have issues with paying by DD'
Errr because YOU are taking away OUR choice of payment and PN are penalising certain customers by the way they choose to pay.  Paying by DD also means canceling accounts is  far more difficult than it is now.
You still haven't said exactly how much is actually costs you to process a card payment?
Quote from: artmo
Bob, as Lynda said you have copped all the flak for this debacle.  I would hope Jamie Ford is aware of the feelings of members and it would be courteous if he was to apologise for the confusion and let us know what he is doing to resolve it.  Is he in the loop on this? Undecided Undecided

Let's be honest and get real here for a minute, Jamie Ford couldn't care less what his customers think, the same as everyone else at PN.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

The problem with a reliance on Direct Debit by Plusnet is the onerous terms they impose – namely, a minimal notice period of charges and a need to wait some time for a refund

I suggest looking http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/27/27-directdebit-guarantee.htm
The customer is in control despite what ever others including ignorant* bank staff may say. If a payment is wrong demand an instant refund under the guarantee terms.
As to the amount of the billing surcharge, my Google search showed that it is not only PN/BT that apply them. Sometimes they are more and here on PN you do have a choice.
BTW I have never had a problem with DDs.
* As one who worked old style in a bank, I do wonder if some of their employees, could be on peak time  no hours contracts, have been trained by Comet. Roll_eyes
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: giro
if it makes a new contract then you can count me out ?

Depends what you mean by 'new contract', you will have effectively agreed to the non Direct Debit fee, but that aside your contractual obligations remain the same.
Quote from: Spider
As I see it, the reason Plusnet have increased the cost of the unlimited product is that people are using more data than expected and they want to cut their losses on those accounts.

The average use on Unlimited is 35GB/mnth with 80% using less than 60GB/mnth. Considering those figures, there's a large proportion of customers who stand to save money by moving to Extra.
Quote from: artmo
Bob, as Lynda said you have copped all the flak for this debacle.  I would hope Jamie Ford is aware of the feelings of members and it would be courteous if he was to apologise for the confusion and let us know what he is doing to resolve it.  Is he in the loop on this? Undecided Undecided

Yes, we will have visibility of the feedback I collate. How do you think these changes could have been made easier to understand?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

elkieluca
Grafter

. I too joined Plusnet just to mainly get free international calls. I will change to the existing Talk anytime too.  But when I click on Bobs link to it I only get an error page. Please can you tell me how to change as I  have to do it before my next payment is due next week. Thankyou.
magnetism2772
Grafter

Depends what you mean by 'new contract', you will have effectively agreed to the non Direct Debit fee, but that aside your contractual obligations remain the same.

what do you mean ?
your deliberately unclear
if you do not clarify whether my terms will have changed now
i will assume your breaking contract
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: mitchell20
Paying by DD also means canceling accounts is  far more difficult than it is now.

How so?
You still haven't said exactly how much is actually costs you to process a card payment?

I'll try and find out.
Let's be honest and get real here for a minute, Jamie Ford couldn't care less what his customers think, the same as everyone else at PN.

Sorry, but that's simply not true.
Quote from: elkieluca
. I too joined Plusnet just to mainly get free international calls. I will change to the existing Talk anytime too.  But when I click on Bobs link to it I only get an error page. Please can you tell me how to change as I  have to do it before my next payment is due next week. Thankyou.

Which link are you using? This one?
plusnet hopefully  you'll let me know shortly

@giro, come to think of it, aren't you already paying via Direct Debit?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

elkieluca
Grafter

Yes Bob I am using the one you have put in your last post as well and still only get an error page.
magnetism2772
Grafter

i 'm paying by debit card as  my 1st choice
if its new terms its a new deal
i'm assuming breach of contract plusnet
and will contact the local county court for a small claims pack
for having to look for something a little cheaper else where
but i'm not allowing companies to place charges for using a cash card
no way
i'll leave it at that
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@  elkieluca
Try this link https://portal.plus.net/my.html?memberheader=myaccount and then click on Product Change on the top menu
elkieluca
Grafter

Oldjim that gives me an error page as well when I clicked on product change. maybe its being over used at the moment
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Check my account and show me when in the last 6 years, you have had a failed card payment on my account?

With all due respect and indeed congratulations in your obvious budgeting skills few large organizations tailor individual terms for other than large customers.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It should give this
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: elkieluca
Yes Bob I am using the one you have put in your last post as well and still only get an error page.

Hmmm, try logging into the Member Centre and clicking 'Product Change'. If you still get an error then post it here and I'll see what I can do.
i 'm paying by debit card as  my 1st choice

Direct Debit instructions *always* take precedence and you have an active instruction on your account. Having said that, it's failing every month due to there being no instruction set up at the bank's side (did you cancel this with the bank?)
Unless you've any objections I'm going to cancel the instruction at this side as it's creating unnecessary work each time we try to take payment. If the card on your account is a debit card then this could cause problems when we try to take your next payment. If it's a credit card then you should be fine though.  

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

elkieluca
Grafter

No still gives  me a page that says error and plusnet is looking into it.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@elkieluca, I'll take a look at your account now...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team