cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

James
Grafter

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

Definitely worth contacting Customer Options, Mav.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Thank you, I'll do that tomorrow Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

AdamGayne

I have been a customer for over 18 months now, I would like to switch but I don't like signing up to lengthy contracts for anything where I can help it.
I assume that even as an existing customer, I need to sign up for the contract to get unlimited for £9.99, even though I've been with you for a considerable time (not as long as some mentioned above, granted) and to switch onto the unlimited package will AFAIK incur no further cost to yourselves as I'm already online with an activated service on my phone line.
Do still have to pay £12.49 for unlimited?
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Probably going blind (or daft) but what happens to the lower rate cost at the end of the 12 month contract (ADSL+ Unlimited) does it go up to the non-contract price or stay at the same lower rate - can't see anything in the FAQ on this.
Paul
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It stays at the lower rate
JonJon
Grafter

Not sure if it is a bug, but when upgrading just now from Value Fibre to Essentials Fibre, it recommended that I paid P&P for a new router.
Having confirmed with customer services, there is absolutely no need for me to get more hardware, as I already have a fibre-capable one from when I originally signed up!
Maybe the page could be clearer to avoid a few calls to the callcenter?
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks OldJim - thats good news  Cheesy
custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I am on a Market 2 exchange and the 'Unlimited' (Market 2/3) is shown as costing £9.99 a month with a 12 month contract - is that correct as I am currently paying more than that for my Value package?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: JonJon
Not sure if it is a bug, but when upgrading just now from Value Fibre to Essentials Fibre, it recommended that I paid P&P for a new router.

Thanks for that. I presume you did have the option to choose no hardware? However, I do see the anomaly there. I'll mention that to the right people.
Quote from: custos
I am on a Market 2 exchange and the 'Unlimited' (Market 2/3) is shown as costing £9.99 a month with a 12 month contract - is that correct as I am currently paying more than that for my Value package?

Yes, Market 2 is now charged at the market 3 price.
Jojo Smiley
Laroc
Grafter

Seems as though PN have forgotten about us on Market 1 exchanges once again.
custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Great - I have just changed to Unlimited 🙂
paxy
Grafter

Quote from: bures

I'm on a market 1 which has met the criteria for market 2 for 18 months now, without being changed over.  Overall I think I could save money by switching to talk talk who are the other provider - so I will give customer options team a call in the morning and see what they suggest 😉
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: bures
This is normal. Plusnet marketing is clearly geared for headline grabbing pricing only.
I am also on Market 1, the forgotten many.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

We can complain about Plusnet not doing anything but it is really Ofcom who have done the dirty on us.  They fixed the price charged by BTWholesale for broadband at Market One exchanges then gave up even reviewing the exchange classifications to see if LUU competition had moved in.
It's a bit like the government saying that they think people should get more exercise so driving to work is now illegal. 
dfunked
Grafter

Just a couple of quick queries;
As I've just moved house and chose to absorb the fees rather than paying upfront, would my cancellation charge now be £65 + whatever the new cessation charges of the 12 month contract are? (Not planning on leaving any time soon of course, I'm just a bit curious...)
I noticed the following closed ticket on my account after ordering the new package this morning. Does this mean I'll have to ask for my upload to be uncapped again next month?...

"Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Pending Provisioned Service \'WBC MAX24 mb/s (ADSL2+ Annex A) 448kbit/s Upstream\' added as a part of Account Change process"