Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

Got to say the portal information is dire on clear pricing, it needs to have the specific exchange market information in the info window.  Plus the Unlimited Broadband and calls info page is just as bad.  You are selling a combined package, I want to see the Total price in black and purple[PN white], not have to use another site to figure it, ok that is my broadband price now where is the phone package price.  It badly needs a compare chart for each package and price.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: alanf
Is Essentials at £5.99 just Value with a new name and the old price?

I have looked into this and as far as I can find out the answer is yes.
Quote from: alanf
What, if any, would be the implications of transferring from Value to Essentials apart from saving 50p per month?

You would be signing up for a 12 months contract.  After that you can continue on no contract at the same price.
There has also been some suggestion that the 'won't be beat on price' promise does not attach to Essentials.  I don't know what happens if you are on Value and some competitor ISP comes out with broadband at £5 a month.  Would Plusnet be obliged to drop the Value fees to £4.99 a month?
mapletree
Grafter

I am puzzled why switching ADSL products would not involve starting a brand new contract but switching Fibre products will.  Especially since the old Fibre Value seems identical (except cost) to the new Fibre Essentials product.
In addition it seems a bit perverse to offer new customers a big discount while locking existing customers into new contracts.  Either-or I would say.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: mapletree
I am puzzled why switching ADSL products would not involve starting a brand new contract but switching Fibre products will.

That would be puzzling if the bit about switching ADSL products were true, bit it isn't true.
mapletree
Grafter

From the FAQ:
Do I have to agree to a new contract?
If moving to an ADSL/Up to 16Mbps product then you are given the choice between annual contract/no contract. You will pay more each month if you choose the no contract option.
dsw
Grafter

Fibre probably costs more to get up and running, as it requires a site visit, so this would probably be why there is the need for a contract of at least 12 months.
James
Grafter

We are contracted with Openreach for 12 months for Fibre services.
Edit: It's 12 months, not 18.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Smiley  Thanks Plusnet, I've just upgraded foc to Unlimited & it will be "live" wef 30 December. Great service as always from all at PN.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: KevinG
Just tried changing from Fibre Extra to Unlimited. Got this:
There's something we should mention...
   It looks like a temporary fault has stopped us from checking your line. If your happy to proceed without a speed estimate, click "Continue without a speed estimate" below.

(The word highlighted in bold is for Plusnet's grammar department to fix!)
Below it I only had the option to keep my current product, not change it. No great hurry, I'll try again later.

Any chance you could screen capture this for me?

See attached (phone number blanked out)
Edit: just tried again and it worked.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: KevinG
See attached (phone number blanked out)

Thanks, I've let our web content folk know (ref: 73834).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mapletree
Grafter

Quote from: dsw
Fibre probably costs more to get up and running, as it requires a site visit, so this would probably be why there is the need for a contract of at least 12 months.

But, if you are switching to a different Fibre product you would already be in a contract and no further site visit would be necessary.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Im  currently on £19.99 PlusNet Broadband Pay as you Go (15GB Special Offer)  - i quite fancy switching to  the new  Plusnet Unlimited, it shows up in the product change tab in members center for £9.99 so i presume it is available for me and that i don't also need to use a plusnet phone line as well (currently BT)?
What is the procedure with the upgrade - are you switched straight away or does it happen  on the billing date (currently 29th) if it does happen straight away do you still pay old price new price both prices for a month?
James
Grafter

It would happen on your next billing date at which point you would be charged the new price.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Thanks Jameseh,
Just to confirm i dont need to change phone line providers (currently BT) to get Plusnet Unlimited £9.99 broadband?
cheers.
Mav
Fixes: 515

I am currently on the legacy Unlimited since coming back to PN since mid November. The traffic-shapping on the legacy is quite heavy in the evenings.
If I were to switch (so as to avoid the evening restrictions - remember my current sync speed is a tad under 5300) I would end up paying over £10 more - not worth it in my opinion. But would it be worth contacting Customer Options or is it too close to my return?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still